PDA

View Full Version : Mando teacher in Colorado Springs area?

luvmymando
Oct-03-2005, 10:53am
I am in need of help. I am frustrated with my playing. Not getting any better, and possibly getting worse!!! I want to become a better mandlin player and learning to play tab from Tabledit is not getting me there. I want to be able to play the mandolin not just some tabbed out piece. I think I need to take some lessons.

This may be a shot in the dark but does anyone know of a good teacher in the Colorado Springs to Denver area? Boulder may be a little to far but I am willing to take any suggestions.

Outside of that I just don't know how to get better. I can sit and learn to play a tabbed out piece ut that is not getting me what I want. I want to play the mandolin in any key and give a moderate stab at playing any tune in a jam...

stevem
Oct-03-2005, 2:46pm
Check out this link: Black Rose Acoustic Society Private Lessons (http://www.blackroseacoustic.org/private-lessons.htm)

I used to live there (6 mos. ago), but just moved to CA. I looked into taking lessons on the website, but never had the cash for it. Looks like there are a couple mando teachers though.

MandoCowboy
Oct-04-2005, 12:43pm
If you'd like to come out to a jam and get to know a few mando players from the Springs, that would be a good way to meet folks, ask questions, find teachers and play with others.

Here's the details:

Every Monday Night starting round 7:30 pm.

O'Malleys Irish Pub and Resturant

Palmer Lake Colorado

luckylarue
Oct-05-2005, 11:22am
There is a folk/acoustic music school in Denver - Swallow Hill, I think. I believe Charlie Provenza teaches there. Worth checking out, anyways. The Front Range is quite rich in mando/bluegrass music.