danb
Sep-26-2005, 6:18am
British Racing Green shell..

danb
Sep-26-2005, 6:18am
Emerald interior..

danb
Sep-26-2005, 6:19am
Happy F4 (though it'll lose it's spot to the Wiens eventually)

danb
Sep-26-2005, 6:20am
Note that the slope behind the neck rest fits the peghead perfectly, and will also fit an F5-length neck nicely!

Lane Pryce
Sep-26-2005, 8:23am
Very Nice. Lp

Brad Weiss
Sep-26-2005, 8:28am
Happy F4 (though it'll lose it's spot to the Wiens eventually)
PM me, and I'll send you an address where you can send that soon-to-be-unhappy F4 when the Wiens arrives...

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

kyblue
Sep-26-2005, 8:58am
I have a B.R. Green on order, with Gordon tartan interior.

I still can't get a handle on what shade of green 'British Racing' is -- this looks brighter than it appears on Sam's web site. Hope I've made the right choice!! Mainly picked it to match the Gordon tartan.

Isn't Sam a great guy? I've really enjoy working with him.

Enjoy!

Paula

adgefan
Sep-26-2005, 10:35am
That's a beautiful colour scheme, and yes, Sam is a top bloke. My daffodil coloured pegasus certainly gets me noticed - I've never had so many strangers speak to me at jams and festivals. They all want to know about the case, they're not interested in me or the mando at all! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

evanreilly
Sep-26-2005, 10:47am
Interesting..... was that a stock case or a custom one made to fit both a style 4 and 5 Gibson??

kyblue
Sep-26-2005, 10:50am
adgefan,

Daffodil sounds like a great color. Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be one of the current options...

Paula

adgefan
Sep-26-2005, 11:29am
Daffodil colour is as on this picture from Sam's website (http://www.pegasus-cases.com/mandolin/images/a+f.jpg).

It is lovely (to me, anyway!). The red tartan interior isn't the best combination, but it certainly provides an interesting talking point with all the random strangers...I love it when tthey remark on the yellow and I reply "you should see the inside!" then open it up. I'd say the reaction is split evenly between awe and horror http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

danb
Sep-26-2005, 1:17pm
Evan, it's stock. The f5 peghead will be floating over the wedge below a bit more.

goose 2
Sep-26-2005, 1:29pm
Dan, I believe I have the same color which Sam calls the "Dolphin" case. Mine has a blue interior. The whole thing is very cool and you cannot beat the protection. I have had two of those so far. Cannot say enough good things about them.

SternART
Sep-26-2005, 1:35pm
I've got a daffolil too.....and a lighter cream colored yellow one as well.
Mine are hidden under Small Dog covers.....wanna protect those fancy paint jobs.

GVD
Sep-26-2005, 2:03pm
British racing green exteriors but no royal Stewart tartan interiors? Where's the love for the wee Scot?

GVD

Wesley
Sep-27-2005, 12:27pm
What's the turnaround time on having one made ? How long did you have to wait ?

danb
Sep-27-2005, 1:36pm
I think I waited a little over a month.. I'm not sure if that's normal.. Sam told me his estimate and hit it almost exactly

goose 2
Sep-27-2005, 1:39pm
Thats a lot better. My first pegasus case was a one year wait. My second much shorter. Oh well, I have waited nearly 5 years for my Gilchrist that I have not yet received.

Wesley
Sep-27-2005, 3:26pm
Goose2 - If you get tired of waiting in line for that Gilchrist I'll be happy to take your place in line. That's OK - no need to thank me. What are friends for ??

AlanN
Sep-27-2005, 3:32pm
Wow, 5 years, huh? When I ordered mine, 15 months was the projected time, actually got it in 13.

goose 2
Sep-27-2005, 8:17pm
Alan,
What year did you order yours? #I ordered mine early 2001. #You also got your Pegasus case faster than me. #Man, the next time I order something mandolin related, I'm going to #get you to order it for me!!!

goose 2
Sep-27-2005, 8:24pm
Oops,it was Dan that got his case faster. I'll lget Dan order my cases and Alanto order my mandolins. . yea thats the ticket.

SternART
Sep-27-2005, 9:20pm
It will be worth the wait for the Gil, Steve keeps getting better!
Worth the wait for a Peg too!

bluesmandolinman
Sep-28-2005, 8:54am
I canīt find any prices on the pegasus website....

how much do the A and F style Mando cases cost ? ( I prefer to ask here instead the builder) Are there any retailers ?

Thanks

AlanN
Sep-28-2005, 9:07am
Hey goose,

Order dates were 1994, 1995, 1996 - had 3 at one time, now down to uno. I got in before the dramatic upturn.

AlanN
Sep-28-2005, 9:15am
I'm curious to see if/when he starts taking orders again, should be interesting.

Bradley
Sep-28-2005, 8:30pm
They are about $630-$650 depending on our wonderful exchange rate.

I have one coming anyday....PLease hurry little brown truck !!