PDA

View Full Version : yank cd rom from front page

ira
Sep-23-2005, 8:39am
so exciting to hear about this project for numerous readings. first of all, fascinating to see a story of someone who lived the initial phases of the blues, and new all the original greats, lived through the revival in the 60s and was still playing live almost to the end relatively recently. additionally the musicians sound great, and it should be a wonderful program if it includes all the current dudes and clips of yank himself. (selfishly-i hope that they do an interactive component that includes mando education- how to play yank style/songs). lastly, as most of these guys saw little to no money from their recordings, and yank was a fulltime citizen employee and not a full time musician for most of his life, his family has very little cash from his great music. it will be nice to see them get something from this.

too bad scorcese (sp??) couldn't be involved as a blues afficianado , to ramp up sales...
anyway- exciting news. thanks for the alert scott.
peace

JimRichter
Sep-23-2005, 9:20am
Yeah, but I question some of the artists that were chosen--at least among the list of local players. #I know or know of most of those guys and question why some are there and some aren't there.

But, if the CD comes off as it should, it'll a pretty good one. #And a tribute to Yank is long overdue.

Jim