PDA

View Full Version : Duff A5 2 point

kyblue
Sep-18-2005, 7:56pm
2001 Duff A5, only 2 point Paul has made.
Soon to be on its way from AUS.

jasona
Sep-18-2005, 7:57pm
Wowsers, that is attractive!

kyblue
Sep-18-2005, 8:01pm
in Presto case. Grabbed this one off eb*y.

Jonathan James
Sep-18-2005, 8:09pm
Congrats! I was keeping an eye on that one, but couldn't seem to pull the trigger. Pls. give us a full report when it arrives; I used to have a Duff F5 and I really liked it.

kyblue
Sep-18-2005, 8:22pm
I can't wait to get it. I was hesitant about buying from a new seller in AUS, but I emailed Paul and he vouched for the guy.

I met Paul last year when he was visiting Lexington, played his F5 and it was amazing for playability.

This one looked too good to pass up, especially at the price.

Paula

250sc
Sep-19-2005, 7:03am
The wood and finish look like my Collings MT.

Scotti Adams
Sep-19-2005, 7:13am
...looks real nice PJ..

HarmonyRexy
Sep-19-2005, 4:20pm
Congratulations on a beautiful instrument!!!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope that it is full of wonderful surprises and MUSIC!!!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

KevinM
Sep-19-2005, 4:46pm
The photo and ensuing commentary validates my decision to acquire one of these fine Duff F5s, due May '06. I'll keep a copy of the picture to send to Paul, because I like the graduation of the sunburst - nice. Thanks for sharing.

kyblue
Sep-19-2005, 4:59pm
Kevin,

I can't say enough about what a great guy Paul is. He's been so responsive via email advising me on shipping, etc., even though he wasn't part of this transaction. I can only imagine that he would be super to work with on a build. Enjoy!

It was nice to meet him when he was over here last year and get a chance to be part of a jam session with him. I hate that I missed his band when they were here this June because I was out of town and then ill. But, they'll be back because his wife is from here, and I'll be looking forward to it.

Paula

ira
Sep-19-2005, 9:46pm
really beautiful- would love a close up of the tailpiece. hard to make out, but looks interesting.

from one 2-pointer to another- good luck!

kyblue
Sep-19-2005, 10:01pm
Ira,

Here it is

kyblue
Sep-19-2005, 10:04pm
and headstock

ira
Sep-19-2005, 10:14pm
gorgeous!congrats

kyblue
Sep-22-2005, 3:13pm
"Your item arrived at the international processing centre in (UNITED STATES - USLAXA) at 13:34 on 21 Sep 2005, and is awaiting clearance for delivery processing."

I certainly hope this status changes sometime soon. Sigh...

KevinM
Sep-22-2005, 4:09pm
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part...

I'll be waiting for that Duff review.

kyblue
Sep-22-2005, 4:46pm
Now there's a song I won't be able to get out of my head!
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

kyblue
Sep-23-2005, 12:38pm
It's here! Actually, it's riding around on a post office truck. Checked my mail box at lunch, found an attempted delivery notice. Now, have to wait until 4:00 until the truck gets back to the p.o. to pick it up. Guess I know what I will be doing tonight!!! Pretty fast delivery service from AUS.

Tom C
Sep-23-2005, 12:47pm
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

kyblue
Sep-24-2005, 3:15pm
The Duff is here and I've been really enjoying it. It looks even better in person than it does in the photos! I usually don't care much for a traditional burst, but this one is nice. I really like the matte finish.

The craftmanship on this mandolin is excellent. This mando was made 4 years ago, I can't imagine how Paul could have improved.

I can't wait to take it to a jam tomorrow night so I can hear someone else play it. It's hard to really hear what it sounds like listening to yourself play! My battery is dead on my iriver so haven't been able to record it.

The neck profile is similar to my Rose, so it isn't a lot different to play. I will probably get the action tweaked a bit and maybe put a different bridge on it.

Definitely a great birthday present to myself!

Scotti Adams
Sep-25-2005, 9:28am
Happy Birthday PJ