PDA

View Full Version : Hutto Mandolins

danman
Mar-16-2004, 7:48am
Does anyone have an opinion on mandolins built by John Hutto? I've heard 3 and they all sounded great.

Mar-16-2004, 9:08am
Great mandos !

mandoJeremy
Mar-16-2004, 9:32am
I agree Maverick! I have played three or four of them and they were all very loud and woody.

Scotti Adams
Mar-16-2004, 10:01am
..very good mandos...just ask Dempsey Young and Darrel Webb...Ive played a few and they are very good indeed...

diamond ace
Mar-21-2004, 4:52pm
My dad owns a huto that I have played a lot. It is a great manolin. His is verry close to the same age as dimpsey's but in a lot better shape. I have played dimpseys as well and it sounded great too. I don't think you can go wrong with one but they are a little hard to find.

earthsave
Mar-21-2004, 9:28pm
I think Josh Williams play(ed)s one too. Darrel has been playing his Fern the last few times I have seen them but still had his Hutto as of this past summer. They get great sound of them. I think the Hutto had a warmer woodier tone that the Fern he plays now.

prof_87
Jan-10-2009, 3:27am
I have The Hutto master Model #123. I got it in 1996 from Johnny as a special build . It is a one of a kind. One piece back and three piece uv neck. Sun burst to tobbacco and then dark brown. Many major mandolinists have played it, including Daryl Webb who used it in three concerts in various places including Bean Blossom 1996.

I would not trade it or sell it to anyone. I will pass it down through my children on one account that it never leaves our family.

Dr. John Ashburn
Dahlonega, GA