PDA

View Full Version : New Eastwood "Duo-Sonic" Style Tenor Guitar

Huck
Apr-04-2021, 8:40am
Eastwood (https://eastwoodguitars.com/collections/custom-projects-list/products/warren-ellis-duo-special-deposit?variant=39308522651733#story) is funding a Duo-Sonic configured (2-single pups) tenor on their Warren Ellis rig. 9th fret marker, individual switches vs. 3-way, and I'd imagine wide string spacing. Costs more than a Fender.

Body: Solid Alder
Pickups: WE SCx2
Switching: Individual on-off
Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone
Bridge: Fully adjustable Tele-Style bridge
Neck: Maple, Bolt-on
Fingerboard: Rosewood, Dot Markers
Scale Length: 23"
Width at the Nut: 1 5/16
Hardware: Kluson Style Nickel/Chrome
Strings: GHS G.042, D.032, A.018, E.011
Unique Features: Warren Ellis Signature Design

Bouzouki/OM/Mandocello players: Can anyone please help me understand why Eastwoood uses a 1-5/16" nut width on their 4-string instruments and a narrower 1-3/16" on their 8-strings? To me that should be reversed.

Thanks
Huck

trodgers
Apr-04-2021, 3:46pm
I really have to give Eastwood credit for making a variety of tenors that I almost want. :confused:

Lord of the Badgers
Apr-08-2021, 11:57am
I wish they did have a little competition though.
I picked up the WE 2p the other day... and nope... I just cannot bond with that wide neck. I get that it's cost effective for them to build this way, so non-wide neck versions are not so likely of the mustang influenced models... but it would've been nice to have been asked doncha think...

Huck
I believe that's how Warren likes his tenors - it suits his fingerstyle. Now I love that man and the Bad Seeds without him would be like a broken pencil (pointless) but 'by 'eck I can play fingerstyle on my Gibson archtop and that's insanely narrow