PDA

View Full Version : speed winder

bullrun6
Mar-15-2004, 8:58pm
I've been using a guitar speed winder for my mando, man does it suck. Does anyone make one just for mandos? Thanks

Patrick

Scotti Adams
Mar-15-2004, 9:57pm
..I got one from Steve Smith at CumberlandAcoustic.com.....its made to fit the mando keys and looks good too....

Clyde Clevenger
Mar-16-2004, 12:00am
I make 'em. Called Clydewinders, check out my website.

My Webpage (www.bluegrassboutique.com)

Clyde Clevenger
Mar-16-2004, 12:03am
First time didn't work, I'll try again.

My Webpage (http://www.bluegrassboutique.com)

Mando Medic
Mar-16-2004, 12:28am
The Clydewinders are great. I use em' in my shop. Kenc

Steve S.
Mar-16-2004, 12:37pm
I really do not enjoy changing strings. What will a string winder do to make my life easier?

BenE
Mar-16-2004, 12:57pm
wind your strings fer ya....ya just got to turn the little handle!

John Flynn
Mar-16-2004, 1:22pm
I really like the Dean Markley TurboTune. The socket that holds the tuner button is round on the outside so it doesn't hit the adjacent buttons when you crank it. On the inside, the socket is multi-faceted so it holds any size button securely, from a bass, clear down to a mando. Also the socket disattaches and fits right into an electric screwdriver if you prefer to use it that way. I have had one for years and I use the same one on all my instruments with no problems. Here is a link:
http://www.deanmarkley.com/htmlDocs/TurboTune.html

bullrun6
Mar-16-2004, 8:47pm
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I will give one of these a try, in the mean time I came up with a good temporary solution...I cut about 1/4 inch off the pocket and pluged the resulting hole, now it doesn't bang against the adjacent knobs and works much better...

Yonkle
Mar-17-2004, 11:52pm
I just took a guitar winder and sawed off about 1/4 inch and glued the flat piece of plastic back on, (works Good)
See Photo Yonkle

Dan Cole
Mar-18-2004, 3:55pm
Mando crank. Off enay or their website.