PDA

View Full Version : Washburn Jethro mando's.

telepbrman
Sep-12-2005, 4:27pm
I found one for about $700...any good or bad scoop on these Washburns? How do they hold up in a bluegrass jam? Thanks, dy.

fatt-dad
Sep-12-2005, 8:19pm
You may or may not be in the right price point. I had very good luck emailing Washburn with the serial number of one that I had and they gave me the full scoop on my Washburn Jethro Burns model. Mine was an A-model and I bought it for $100 and sold it for $200 off ebay. It was solid wood and made in Japan. It was a case where I got a good deal, made a $100 bucks and the buyer liked it alot too!

If you are buying a f-model, I can't be sure that it's a carved top - it may be pressed. It is likely solid wood - but again, I'm not sure, cause they may have moved production to Korea where things were done differently. That's why it's hard to tell from just your post.

Somebody may know more. That said, I had a Japanese Aria Pro II, which was hand carved, all solid wood, played great and sold for $750.00 (with nice case) and all were happy. It may be priced right, you just may want to learn more about it.

fatt be-cautious-I-may-be-wrong dad

jimbob
Sep-12-2005, 10:23pm
if it's a more recent F, i would say it is priced a little high. I don't know about older years, but there have been several recent models in the classifieds for around $ 500.

arbarnhart
Sep-13-2005, 8:37am
I posted asking about higher end Washburns because I love my lower end oval A so much and I had a couple of people say that the JB didn't have much volume. But you are getting this second hand.