PDA

View Full Version : Larry Sparks mando player

Nolan
Sep-12-2005, 2:18pm
I've been listening to "Coldest part of Winter" today and I have been enjoying the mandolin. I believe it's Scott Napier from looking at the Larry Sparks web page. Anyway, this might be old news to a lot of you guys but if you get a chance to listening to this guy he's pretty good.
Anyone know what he's playing? I like his tone...

AlanN
Sep-12-2005, 2:25pm
Used to be a Hutto

diamond ace
Sep-12-2005, 2:30pm
Last time I talked to him he was playing in Valdese N.C (about a year ago). He was playing a Hutto but he had a gibson Sam Bush model back stage that he said gibson had just given him to play. He only had the bush model for a few days when I saw him. He did say he recoded with the hutto and he loved it. He and My dad got to talking about the Hutto because my dad has one and they swaped and messed around for a few minutes. Thats the only reason it even came up.

bsimmers
Sep-12-2005, 2:52pm
Scott was playing a Hutto at Gettysburg. A good deep woody sounding mandolin. And he plays some real good stuff that matches Larry's music.

Nolan
Sep-12-2005, 3:58pm
That's what I thought bsimmers, some real solid playing that fit in nice with the songs.

earthsave
Sep-13-2005, 12:11pm
At beanblossom in June I believe he was playing the Hutto... I'll have to check my pictures and video at home...

JimW
Sep-13-2005, 12:25pm
I saw Larry Sparks and Scott Napier a few months back at the Ashland, KY Paramount Theatre and he was playing a Hutto. It sounded nice and I got to play a few tunes on it and it was a wonderful instrument. Nice, deep, woody tone and played wonderfully.

Jim