PDA

View Full Version : Lee Elliott Mandele

steve in tampa
Feb-14-2021, 6:49am
Now that I've figured out how to add photos, this is a 5 string acoustic I have had for awhile, made by Lee Elliott.

Bob Dispennette
Feb-14-2021, 7:51am
I'm also having a hard time adding pics. What's the secret?

journeybear
Feb-14-2021, 12:51pm
Hey Bob. No real big secret, just sounds like you haven't figured it out yet. Once you do, it'll get pretty easy soon enough.

Click on the icon third from the right above the message pane: Insert Image. A pop-up window will direct you to Choose File. Click on that button to browse through your computer to the image. The file name will appear next to the Choose File button. Then click on Upload File. A short file number will appear in your message pane between two bits of code that say . That's your pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192036 192037 192038

Once you've uploaded your pics, you can adjust your layout somewhat. That string of code bookended by the [ATTACH] commands is your pic, as I said, and you can select that, and cut and paste to move the pics around to suit yourself. Also, I tend to put a space between each such string so the photos also have that bit of separation. And I'll hit the return button before uploading, so there's a bit of a space between text and photo. Other wise, it's easy to make your pic appear in the middle of the text. Unless you want that. Neatness counts. It really does!

There's more, of course, but that should get you started. ;)

Bob Dispennette
Feb-14-2021, 3:10pm
Thanks Bear. Once I hit "Upload Files", nothing happens. Everything disappears back to my Reply to Thread window. Every other forum is just like you described. Not happenin' on the Cafe???

journeybear
Feb-14-2021, 4:32pm
Curiouser and curiouser. Maybe there's something in your settings? Well, try this: Go to Go Advanced, click on the paper clip, and follow instructions. Click on Add Files in the upper right corner. Once files are uploaded, drag them into the "Attachments" pane. I think you have to click on each, then "Insert Inline" for them to appear in the message pane; otherwise, they'll show up as attachments - a bit clunkier, IMO.

OR go to the Forum main page, then down to the bottom for Forum Software Support. Scan through the threads. There must be one or a few about this.

Bob Dispennette
Feb-14-2021, 6:56pm
Thanks again bear. Tried it. Once I end up on the "Add Files" window it never uploads. There are other pics I have used in the past there for me to drag. But it won't upload. I'll try the Support page.

Here's a pic from another thread already uploaded. My "Black Beauties".

journeybear
Feb-14-2021, 7:29pm
Ooohhh ... nice! I think you should definitely be playing those instead of talking about computer woes. ;) And we should let this thread go back to where it was supposed to. I just wanted to help out a mandolin brother in need. Sorry for the hijack, there, steve in tampa. :mandosmiley:

Which reminds me, somehow - It seems to me most, if not all, of the five-strings I've seen have been electric. I don't recall seeing an acoustic one. (Now that I've said that, there will be scads of pics of them. ;) ) I like the modern look of the sound holes. Kind of futuristic, even. :cool: I'm curious about the sound hole in the "scroll" area. Wonder what was the impetus for that location, rather than further into the body. :confused:

steve in tampa
Feb-15-2021, 6:41am
Ooohhh ... nice! I think you should definitely be playing those instead of talking about computer woes. ;) And we should let this thread go back to where it was supposed to. I just wanted to help out a mandolin brother in need. Sorry for the hijack, there, steve in tampa. :mandosmiley:

Which reminds me, somehow - It seems to me most, if not all, of the five-strings I've seen have been electric. I don't recall seeing an acoustic one. (Now that I've said that, there will be scads of pics of them. ;) ) I like the modern look of the sound holes. Kind of futuristic, even. :cool: I'm curious about the sound hole in the "scroll" area. Wonder what was the impetus for that location, rather than further into the body. :confused:

It is a cool piece I picked up on e-bay about 10 years ago. I had a pickup installed and it got put away as I was playing mostly bass at the time. It has a hybrid mando /guitar tone and keeps up nicely with my wife's Gibson dreadnaught. She does a lot of stuff in C, so the bottom string comes in real handy. The hole in the headstock is purely decorative, maybe a throwback to ancient instruments that were hung on a wall. Have never seen another acoustic 5 string model. That is why I bought it years ago. Slim neck, plays fast.

Jim Garber
Feb-15-2021, 7:45pm
Thanks Bear. Once I hit "Upload Files", nothing happens. Everything disappears back to my Reply to Thread window. Every other forum is just like you described. Not happenin' on the Cafe???

Bob_d: are you trying to upload from a phone? You may be looking at the mobile version. Scroll down to the bottom. There should be something way down there that says: "Log Out | Full Site | Top" Click on Full site and you will get the all the icons, etc. I am not sure that is the problem but possible.

steve in tampa
Feb-16-2021, 5:03pm
Sold it this afternoon. You guys keep on with the photo discussion.

journeybear
Feb-16-2021, 5:22pm
:)) :)) :))

So all that, singing her praises and all, was just a slick, subtle marketing ploy? Nahhh ... no way! ;)

Dusepo
Feb-16-2021, 5:46pm
Mandele?

steve in tampa
Feb-17-2021, 5:39am

So all that, singing her praises and all, was just a slick, subtle marketing ploy? Nahhh ... no way! ;)

No ploy. Just presenting a unique instrument. There must be a computer tech topic here somewhere. Just didn't think this would be it.

steve in tampa
Feb-17-2021, 5:40am
Mandele?

That's what the builder called it. Interesting site you have there.

journeybear
Feb-17-2021, 9:09am
Yeah, just kidding around a bit. And no idea how the thread went the way it did. I was trying to help someone with a problem, and the chat kept coming back to that. I did steer the thread back to the mandele, yet somehow things went how they did. And then, two days into the thread, she was gone, before we'd had much of a chance to talk about her. Oh well! C'est la vie!