PDA

View Full Version : String Coating Coming Off ?

WHITEBIRD
Mar-15-2004, 7:57pm
The first time this happened I thought It was just me, but since it has happened again, I'll ask the question. I probably change my strings more often than I need to, if there is such a thing. I had a set of J74's with plenty of life, trying different picks, and after using a D'Andrea Pro Plec pick for a little while (couple hours total) the sweet spot on the A string seemed dry. When I pick the A, it felt like chalk on a chalkboard instead of the usual glide on the other strings. The A also played normal if I moved the pick to a different spot on the string. It glided nicely. #Now I have a set of Ernie Balls, and the same thing happened. I even changed to a different D'Andrea pick and have the same results, but this is not noticeable with the Claytons or Wegens. Am I rubbing off some kind of coating on the string? Is it the material in these picks? Problem is they play really nice.

WHITEBIRD
Mar-17-2004, 6:17pm
Anyone?

Fuzzyway
Mar-17-2004, 6:55pm
whitebird,

I use the D'Andrea Pro Plec and J74'S AND have never noticed any problem. Don't know what else to tell you.

F.