PDA

View Full Version : Portland Oregon Mandolin Jams

Tim C.
Sep-01-2005, 5:33pm
Hi, I'm looking for any established swing, jazz or choro jams and a mandolin orchestra or quartet in Portland, OR.

If they don't exist yet, I would like to offer to start any or all of the above. I know there was a mandolin orchestra a few years back, but Ken Culver done moved away. I'm prepared to revive it, I have the know-how, the space and the music stands. And I'm just dying to play some choro - where is everybody??!!!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Please reply if interested!
Tim Connell
Portland, Oregon
503-234-4896
connman1971@yahoo.com

Joe F
Sep-06-2005, 3:01pm
By any slim chance will there be a jam in downtown Portland on Saturday, September 24th in the late morning?

I'm going from Minneapolis to Los Angeles by train, and will have a 4-hour layover in Portland that morning.

tiltman
Sep-07-2005, 5:40pm
Hey Tim,
I'm a mandolin player in the Portland area and I would be interested in joining you. I'm just starting mandola as well. I sent an e-mail a few minutes ago - keep me posted!
Kirk Miller
Portland, OR

A.N. Orange
Sep-07-2005, 7:11pm
You need to get in touch with Jan DeWeese for Choro music. He lives in SE but is pretty busy with teaching mando. I don't have his contact info but it can be found.

seththedude
Sep-09-2005, 11:54am
If I lived in Portland I would be interested but Roseburg is too far of a communte.