PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Shuffle - Emory Lester

bigskygirl
Sep-15-2020, 3:23pm
I've been taking lessons from Emory for several years now and he puts on a small concert when he comes for a visit and last year when he was here he did this...I play just like this too...well, almost :redface:

hermdawg
Sep-15-2020, 4:25pm
emory has been one of my favorite players for the last 10 years now (at least) ,,,, HIS "LADY B GOOD" KIND OF SET THE STANDARD OF WHAT GOOD MANDO PLAYING
SHOULD BE ''''''ALTHOUGH I NEVER GOT TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT I HAVE MOST OF HIS C.D'S
YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A GOOD TEACHER. GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOUR PLAYING ENDEAVORS.

AlanN
Sep-15-2020, 6:44pm
Emory...so good. His playing dazzles, is inherently musical, humorous and lovely.

Clement Barrera-Ng
Sep-15-2020, 7:34pm
Amazing. Emory is a great player and this is one of my favorite tune.
And I can't help but wonder when we'd be able to see this type of performance IRL again. Sigh.

Vince Pacific
Sep-16-2020, 4:24pm
Fantastic, Emory is such a great picker! I highly suggest his Pale Rider cd, one of my favorites, particularly the title track.

doc holiday
Sep-16-2020, 8:08pm
Emory used to teach at the BC Bluegrass Workshops, back in the day when Chris & Sally Jones were also there. One of the finest sets of music I ever saw there featured (THE) Frankie Rogers on fiddle, Emory Lester in mandolin, Kristen Scott Benson on banjo, Mickey Harris on bass, & Cody Kilby on guitar. The stage repartee between Frankie & Emory was priceless and the musicianship was electric. I think i have a cassette tape somewhere off my little Marantz 2 speed....

Emory is such a talented musician. He did a duo set at Wintergrass where he sang and played guitar or mandolin & Mark Johnson played banjo.... that was another magic set.

chuck3
Sep-16-2020, 10:02pm
Another fan of Emory here...