PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Lang

kyblue
Aug-31-2005, 8:50am
Here's a photo of Jonny Lang taken Monday night at the Kentucky Theater in Lexington. #Jonny is playing a Gibson F9 on this song. #

Awesome show!

I tried to lighten up the photo, don't know how well it will display. #I did get in trouble for taking it. # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

ira
Aug-31-2005, 11:09am
was he as smokin on mando as he is on guitar?

kyblue
Aug-31-2005, 12:43pm
I wasn't as impressed with the mando work, not sure if it was the arrangement or the sound system or him. It just didn't stand out in quite the same way. This guy can do some amazing work without a pick. Maybe that's just better for the guitar; if I hadn't been on the front row I would have sworn he had to have been hitting the guitar strings with a pick. But totally amazing. He definitely is a heck of a musician.

PaulD
Aug-31-2005, 1:59pm
I've never seen him before, but he will be here in September and we've got tickets.. I'm looking forward to it. I hope there's "mando content" in his gig, even if it's not his best instrument.

kyblue
Aug-31-2005, 2:13pm
This was billed as an 'acoustic' show, even though he did pull out the electric guitar for a few songs. The mandolin actually was played on most songs by a guy in the band.

Fuzzyway
Aug-31-2005, 2:26pm
kyblue,

I lightened your pic and denoised it a little. Hope you don't mind.

Fuzzy