PDA

View Full Version : Buck White / Clarence White

doc holiday
Aug-28-2005, 10:16am
Does any one out in Cafeland have either Buck White's 1979 "More Pretty Girls Than One" (w/ Sam Bush on fiddle and Tony Rice on guitar) or The Kentucky Colonels w/ Clarence White ( with "When You're Smiling")? #I left the Colonels tape in a Chev Suburban I traded in and wasn't able to get it back. I've never been able to get my hands on the Buck White recording. I'm#willing to pay whatever costs to get copies of these.

Thanks,
Doc

cbogle
Aug-28-2005, 1:12pm
Hey Doc--
PM me with your address....I'll send you a copy of "More Pretty Girls Than One". I don't believe I have that Colonels recording you're looking for, but I'll check.

Steve D.

Klaus Wutscher
Aug-29-2005, 2:50am
Funny, I just bought a stack of bluegrass LP“s from a friend and "More pretty girls..." was among them. Just gave it a spin yesterday. A nice record, great mandolin playing and great piano also. Takes a little to get used to but sounds great. And while we are talking, can please someone talk Rounder into making some reissues of their 70ies/ 80ies catalog? I also got "Opening Roll" by Spectrum and its a great record!

AlanN
Aug-29-2005, 7:53am
MPGTO by Buck White is a great record. Has a neat version of Alabama Jubilee with Dawggy on mando.

Scotti Adams
Aug-29-2005, 9:02am
...Ive got that Lp..I will have to dig it out....I will just give it to you Doc...now dont hold me to any time limit...my Lps are at my Dads and I dont get there too often...could make a great Christmas gift http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

bsimmers
Aug-29-2005, 2:29pm
I just met Buck White for the first time at Gettysburg on Friday and we talked about "More Pretty Girls Than One" LP, and also "Alabama Jubilee." I heard this stuff back when Jerry Gray was on WAMU. Haven't heard it years. Wish I had a copy. Buck is a gifted musician.

Scotti Adams
Aug-31-2005, 6:47pm
Hey Doc..I found the Lp..The Buck White one..PM me with your address and I will get it in the mail to you when I find a suitable box to ship it in...

Scotti Adams
Sep-01-2005, 5:07pm
..oh..yoohoo..Doc...are you out there?