PDA

View Full Version : The Pomeroy Is Done

J. Mark Lane
Aug-25-2005, 2:14pm
I just got these from Don. The Pomeroy was strung up yesterday. He's going to keep it for a week (my request, as well as his preference I think) to check everything out, play it a bit, etc. I should have it just after Labor Day.

J. Mark Lane
Aug-25-2005, 2:15pm
Another.

J. Mark Lane
Aug-25-2005, 2:16pm
Another.

J. Mark Lane
Aug-25-2005, 2:17pm
Another.

J. Mark Lane
Aug-25-2005, 2:18pm
These aren't the best pictures in the world (which Don acknowledged, they were taken quickly to get to me so I can see generally how it looks). Once I have the instrument, and will hopefully by then have figured out my new digital camera, I'll post one or three more.

Eric F.
Aug-25-2005, 2:25pm
Sweet, Mark. I'm looking forward to your report.

luckylarue
Aug-25-2005, 2:52pm
Love that satin finish. Was on the phone w/ Don this morning re: an A2 order I'm about to commence. Beautiful instrument.

dan@kins
Aug-25-2005, 3:38pm
Man! I'd love to play a Pmeroy F4, just to see if they sound and feel as good as they look.

I sure have gotten fired up about them watching several purchased and posted here!

congrats JMark. I hope you enjoy it and I'll be looking forward to your report.

Color choice would be VERY difficult for me. Don's finish's are amazing!

JMark, would you please email me at dirvinatkins@gmail.com and tell me the price you paid for this beauty?

Thanks,
dan@kins

man doh
Aug-25-2005, 3:41pm
These aren't the best pictures in the world (which Don acknowledged, they were taken quickly to get to me so I can see generally how it looks). #Once I have the instrument, and will hopefully by then have figured out my new digital camera, I'll post one or three more.
What not enough "Magic" in these pictures?

Hat that is.
The pictures look great.

Coy Wylie
Aug-25-2005, 3:48pm
That and Stanley #10 too! Congrats JM.

neal
Aug-25-2005, 6:13pm
Nice Mark, enjoy it, I'm sure it'll sound just like you'd think. Don makes great tone.

Nolan
Aug-25-2005, 7:00pm
He sure gets a lot of things right on those Pomeroys!

Lane Pryce
Aug-25-2005, 8:09pm
His tailpieces are one of a kind.Congrats on your F4. Lp
BTW what is the color of the finish? Top shelf satin?

J. Mark Lane
Aug-25-2005, 8:34pm
I'm thinking more...les beaujolais nouveau (it's almost time, isn't it?)....

luckylarue
Aug-25-2005, 11:47pm
Mark, did you get a radiused fingerboard? If so, how much? (radius, I mean)

herringbone
Aug-26-2005, 7:36am
Mark...It looks great. Congrats. Don sure is good at what he does. If you are comming up Newburgh way... let me know and we will try to get together. I'd love to see it person
and compare the sound to my #39. Buddy Merriam really liked
mine. I got to hear it up against his Gil and Monteleone. It sounded better than the Mont, at least to my ears. The
Gilchrist was better; a lot of Mojo with that one... as it was formerly owned by MIke Compton.

Chuck

Larry S Sherman
Aug-26-2005, 9:47am
It certainly looks great! Will you be bringing it along to Rigelfest?

Larry

barricwiley
Aug-26-2005, 11:14am
Congrats Mark, love the look and I hope you truly enjoy it.
Richard

Pomeroy A2 #30
Pomeroy F4 #65

JD Cowles
Aug-26-2005, 12:29pm
nice j mark. very nice. i am certainly looking forward to late sept when #73 will be done.

salud.
jd

Mandobar
Aug-26-2005, 12:31pm
mark
the nouveau comes out november 15. let's hope it is better than last year's. congrats on the pomeroy.

twaaang
Aug-26-2005, 2:46pm
Mark, if you are coming up to Rigelfest I'd really like to see your Pomeroy! -- Paul

J. Mark Lane
Aug-26-2005, 9:43pm
Yeah, Mary, it's still a few weeks away....I was actually in Provence one year when it came out, and (like everything else they produce) I think the stuff going around there at harvest time was a lot better than what we get over here. Oh, well.

Lucky -- I had him make the board flat. That's my preference. I also had him make it just a tiny bit wider than the typical F5. Small fret wires. No "dots" obviously. Side dots, minimal, as needed.

Lane -- yes, Don's tailpiece design is really cool, and one of the reasons I opted for silver hardware. I'll post a pic of it when I get it.

Guys -- I do hope to get to Rigelfest, although I'm still waiting for some kind of confirmation that there will be truly great deals on mandolins. If I go, I'm buying a mandolin. <G> (And if I go, I will have the Pom...and the Stanley, and a few other things.)

Mark

luckylarue
Aug-26-2005, 9:53pm
Mark buying a mandolin? That would be a rare and unusual occurrence - one worth witnessing for sure.

LKN2MYIS
Aug-30-2005, 7:26am
Mark -
Another work of art from Don.

And unbelievably it will sound even better than it looks. I envy you.

You made some great decisions in getting this one put together.

Congrads!

lkn2myis

b.pat
Aug-30-2005, 2:01pm
Just absolutely love the satin finish. It's really becoming Don's trademark.

#Mark, I can't wait to see your contribution to the "Groupings" thread.

# # # # # # #Congrats.,

# # # # # # # # # B.Pat

flairbzzt
Sep-05-2005, 6:04pm
Nice..another satin finish fan!