PDA

View Full Version : tremelo playing

Bencina53
Apr-14-2020, 11:04am
Greetings from the Peace River country... nothing like a lockdown to get a fella to practice haha..I'm trying to learn how to play tremelo doublestops and finding it a bit difficult, mostly because I'm a lefty playing right handed, but it's a little too late to try to learn any other way. What I am discovering is I can play tremelo not too badly if I attack with the blunt end of the pick. Of course then you lose the volume and the treble sound big time... thinking there are other folks having this problem, and maybe there is a pick out there that would fit the bill. I'd sure like to hear any suggestions.. Thanks everyone.. keep on chopping

Jim Garber
Apr-14-2020, 11:11am
There are lots of threads on the topic but if you search you should spell it correctly: tremolo.

I don't know what genre you are interested in but Ruth Roshan, and excellent player from Australia teaches a view lesson on the subject on this thread (https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/149508-Tremolo-technique?highlight=tremolo).

riowilliam137
May-12-2020, 7:38am
tremolo*

Mark Gunter
May-13-2020, 10:56am
:)

Jon Hall
May-13-2020, 11:04pm
Tremolo on double stops is challenging for me as well. An instructor advised me that you have to hold the pick with a much looser grip and relax as much as possible. Don't let your pick dig into the strings. Try to just brush the strings. Volume shouldn't be the most important thing. Smoothness and control are more important. It's difficult to start and stop cleanly, with precision.