PDA

View Full Version : blistered fingers  in Maine

Stephanie Reiser
Aug-23-2005, 5:05pm
I'll be there sunday. Hope to see some of you folks there.

Steven
Aug-25-2005, 6:38am
Hi Stephanie!
Well I might wander on up there Sunday,its hard to tell right now.For sure I wont be going if there is any rain at all,not after seeing what it was like in June!I've been saving for Thomas Point,thats the one I hope to never miss,its a week from the Blistered Fingers Festival.If I go I will be wearing a red ball cap with USA on the front and probably have a mando slung on my back!Maybe I will see you there!

Stephanie Reiser
Aug-26-2005, 5:41am
Steven,
Tell me more about Thomas Point, please. I am new to Maine. WHere is it? do they have a website? Is it better/bigger than Blisttered Fingers?
Thanks!

Steven
Aug-26-2005, 7:21am
Hi Stephanie!
Well its my favorite and I have been told by friends in southern New England that it is one of the best festivals in the north east region.Its in Brunswick.They have a wesite, thomaspointbeach.com,beautiful place really,....neat,orderly,great facilities,great food,lots of pickers from all over,the field picking is fantastic.They have mini seminars under a small tent by the beach for mando,banjo etc.taught by some of the performers.This year Earl Scruggs will be there,and Doyle Lawson.If you have any young ones you take along they also have a Bluegrass Camp type thing where they teach them a simple tune then they get to play it up on stage as a group...its a HOOT,HA,HA!If there is a downside its that its expensive...$40 a day,if you go after 5pm its $30 except for this year on Saturday its still gonna be $40(at least thats what this flyer says) because Scruggs is there.Check out the website.

Stephanie Reiser
Aug-26-2005, 8:00am
thanks, Steve, I will certainly do.
Sounds great! Maybe I will see you at Blistered Fingers on sunday. I will have on a white t-shirt that says Never Give Up on the back and of course my mando.