PDA

View Full Version : Tenor Guitar plans

belbein
Feb-19-2020, 9:10pm
Does anyone have them, draw them, or know where I can find them?

peter.coombe
Feb-19-2020, 11:32pm
LMI has one

https://www.lmii.com/plans/3556-plan-tenor-guitar-scott-antes.html

belbein
Feb-20-2020, 11:34am
For cryin' out loud! I searched their website yesterday and couldn't find anything. Of course, being an idiot, I searched "Tenor guitar plans," not "Plans--Tenor Guitar." Stupid me.

Thanks for pointing it out. If I may take advantage of your expertise … would it be difficult to convert the plan's 23" scale length to a shorter scale, like 21+"? I mean, I know chopping 2" off the neck is easy enough, but would it require any other necessary changes?

Hope you're doing OK with the fires, by the way. It sounds brutal.

peter.coombe
Feb-20-2020, 5:26pm
We were surrounded by fires and it went dark for 3-4 days from the smoke, but have emerged from all that with no damage. Only problem has been our rainwater tank is now contaminated with ash and the water is only good for the garden. That is a problem because it has been our main water supply until now.

It is not difficult to convert the plan to 21 inch scale length. I have done it myself. Apart from shortening the neck, you will need to shift the sound hole back a bit and make it a 12 fret to the body guitar. You will also need to shift the braces around to fit the new bridge position. Works nicely and sounds good as a short scale.

Here is one with 21 inch scale length

dotbot
Feb-20-2020, 9:16pm
Does anyone have them, draw them, or know where I can find them?

If you can find the Scott Antes plan for a "Tenor Guitar, Regal" (AGP-08) --- not the one at LMI --- I would highly recommend it. It is a smaller bodied instrument with a scale length of 20.875" so already in your ballpark.

The place I bought it from in 2017 does not seem to exist anymore. I was able to find it on amazon from a seller called Folkcraft for $11.50, though. Good luck with your search!