PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Ky Area

Jefa432
Aug-20-2005, 6:54pm
Anyone in L'ville that might want to get together and jam? #I've been playing about 3 years and I'm not really good enough to play a BBC. #I would like to get together about once or twice a week. #If we get a good set maybe start playing for nursing homes etc. #I work nights so during the day or on weekends will have to do.

eastcarterman
Aug-20-2005, 11:54pm
i would stop by first quality music there in louisville and talk to them about local jams, they are the authority

steve V. johnson
Aug-21-2005, 12:53am
Tomorrow, Aug 21, there's an open Irish session in Molly Malone's in the Bardstown Road, starting at 4pm.

Several of the folks who show up there are mando players, and play other stuff than Irish, like bluegrass and oldtime. If you come round with a mandolin and even pretend to play <GG>, you can eat and drink for free! Molly's is a nice place and the players are very nice, open folks. If nothing else you can find out about other playing opportunities and perhaps find folks to play with, as you've asked.

I'll be there playing bouzouki and guitar, and my wife, Min Gates, plays bodhran (Irish frame drum). Come on by with your mando and say hi, we'll introduce you around!

stv

MandoCommando
Sep-11-2005, 11:20am
I'm from Louisville too. I just got started, but if you wanted to do a loose jam sometime, that'd be fun.

Jefa432
Sep-14-2005, 9:00pm
Hey Commando, e-mail me and we will get together.