PDA

View Full Version : You Are My Flower

Michael H Geimer
Aug-15-2005, 9:46am
She wants to know where I see this relationship heading ... so I told her,
"You Are My Flower" (http://home.earthlink.net/~mgeimer/music/urmyflower.mp3).

jimini_pickit
Aug-15-2005, 10:03am
Mike,

That was terrific (in true Benignus fashion)! I love the sound of that guitar, was it 'the plywood wonder'...it sounds like a dobro, which plays so nicely against the mandolin!

Jim

Michael H Geimer
Aug-15-2005, 11:10am
Thanks Jim!

The lead guitar is a Larrivee Parlour. I think the short scale is creating that nice 'twang'.

The strumming was done on a Larrivee Dreadnaught. The mandolin is a Weber Maple-root.

David Horovitz
Aug-15-2005, 12:10pm
Excellent Benig, as usual! Very tastefully done. Makes me want to run from my computer, pick up a mandolin or guitar and play this tune along with you.

Michael H Geimer
Aug-15-2005, 12:58pm
She says,
"I can’t really put into words the way I feel listening to a song you recorded for me. #You are very special."

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

P.S. Hey David ... you know you could always grab that mando and come sit in with us some Sunday afternoon. (it ain't that far up the peninsula)

Milan Christi
Aug-15-2005, 2:26pm
Very Nice!
Those phrases have a few welcome surprises. The guitar and mandolin really compliment each other nicely.
I really enjoy hearing other folks' music around here. I like reading about mandolins a lot but the bottom line is the music. Nice work!!

Milan

Michael H Geimer
Aug-15-2005, 2:50pm
Thanks Milan!

I'm just sooooo glad my sweetie enjoys these sorts of gifts! (much better than being with the "I think you love that mandolin more than you love me!" sort of gal).

Well, now that this slightly-romantic musing has made its way to the ear of my dear ... I'll leave this thread be until another bout of inpiration strikes.

(I do have an original song I wrote for her, which I have yet to record ... so maybe that one's next in line)

Thanks everyone (always) for the positive comments. It's really nice we have a place to put up songs like this ... where the songs don't have to be perfect ... where I can just be myself and share stuff I've done for no reason other than that it's nice to share.

- Benig

Bluegrasstjej
Aug-16-2005, 3:23am
That is a wonderful piece of music, Mike. I love that sweet tone you bring out of your instruments.

pickinNgrinnin
Aug-16-2005, 8:53am
That's _very_ cool!

I've been listening to the Nitty Gritty version since the late 70's and I love this song. Nice work!

pickinpox
Sep-01-2005, 3:01pm
Very nice Mike. Always loved that one. It was recently featured in Flatpicking Guitar Magazine too!

twaaang
Sep-01-2005, 5:32pm
Thank you, Mike. I'll be smiling all the way home to my own little flower tonight. -- Paul