PDA

View Full Version : You all downloaded the free mando summit app from Northfield

darylcrisp
Nov-02-2019, 1:12am
Lots of free instruction, a tuner, all kinds of neat stories and such. I haven't had time to go thru it all yet.

darylcrisp
Nov-02-2019, 1:14am
https://mandosummit.app/

Caleb
Nov-02-2019, 1:53am
Wow, the video section alone is insane. I’m looking forward to digging into this. Thanks for the heads up.

Kevin Winn
Nov-02-2019, 2:13am
thanks for this!

Cobalt
Nov-02-2019, 6:40am
Interesting - but it didn't seem complete. The sheet music section was great. Mandolin tuner, worked about one-third of the time. (No sound mostly). Videos, no sound at all.

Running Android 9.0 on Samsung phone.

darylcrisp
Nov-02-2019, 9:01am
Interesting - but it didn't seem complete. The sheet music section was great. Mandolin tuner, worked about one-third of the time. (No sound mostly). Videos, no sound at all.

Running Android 9.0 on Samsung phone.
I had to go in my phone settings and turn my volumes up to get sound, thought it was just me/my phone. Samsung Droid here also. Not sure what the issue is. The videos are still low volume, I'm going to delve into my settings more when time permits. I may contact Northfield to see if they've had others mention this and if they have a suggestion

Christine Robins
Nov-02-2019, 9:26am
Apparently this is only available for phones, not desktops. Is that correct?

Caleb
Nov-02-2019, 12:12pm
The app works perfectly on my (dinosaur) iPhone 6S.

Cobalt
Nov-02-2019, 3:28pm
Well, something changed, not sure what. I couldn't find any settings to change related to sound. I restarted my phone a couple of times during the day. Now I'm getting sound with the videos. Next problem - play halts after about 35-40 seconds and won't restart or continue. I won't lose sleep over it though, if it works for others, that's good.

darylcrisp
Nov-02-2019, 4:14pm
Apparently this is only available for phones, not desktops. Is that correct?

not sure Christine, an email to Northfield will get you a quick answer first of the week I'd say. They can direct you to maybe a desktop hookup.
d

HappyPickin
Nov-02-2019, 8:50pm
The app turned my phone into a hand warmer. I had to uninstall it. The Weather Channel app does that too so it may just be my phone.

Willem
Nov-02-2019, 9:18pm
I had the volume issues and phone getting hot (Samsung S9). Not only was the volume weak in the app, it killed the volume on my phone away from the app. Uninstalled and all was well. Too bad, I like the idea if they can sort the glitches.

B381
Nov-03-2019, 12:14pm
Thanks for this!