PDA

View Full Version : Who should I see

phriend2spin
Aug-10-2005, 11:56pm
Both are playing here in Salt Lake on Thursday and both I have not seen. Well. I saw Bush at Telluride but from a distance. Grisman is free and there should be a tone of people there. Bush is only $20 and is in a small club. Help me out.

mustache
Aug-11-2005, 12:19am
That is a tough one. But nobody has more fun playing live than Sammy. You will leave that show feeling great.

SternART
Aug-11-2005, 12:20am
I'd go with the tone people.

phriend2spin
Aug-11-2005, 12:58am
Ooops I mean ton.

CharlieKnuth
Aug-11-2005, 6:23am
I will give the same advice I gave a friend in Salt Lake City last week about this concert - go see Sam. I don't want to get into a discussion who is better, but I think that it will be a better musical experience to see and hear Sam in a small venue than it will to hear and sort of see David Grisman in a Park with all those people. You will be close enough to feel the energy coming from the stage and in Sam's presence, there will be a lot energy coming from the stage. See Grisman when you can in a smaller venue.

phriend2spin
Aug-11-2005, 11:59am
That is what I thought too. Everyone will be at DGQ so I could even meet Bush. Plus, my girlfriend really likes "Salin Shoes" and "Howlin at the Moon." It should be a great time.

mandobando
Aug-11-2005, 12:24pm
I've seen Sam several times in a small venue and he puts on a heck of a show. Nothing against Grisman but Sam gets my vote on this one.

Keith Wallen
Aug-12-2005, 1:14pm
So how was it phriend2spin?http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Dioptase
Aug-14-2005, 2:33am
Here's one strong vote for Grisman. I love them both. Sam's show will be more fun. Grismans show might just blow your mind. He's done it to me before.

I've had a great time everytime I've seen Sam Bush. He's a rockstar, and does it well..

But Grisman on a good night is really just magic.

When I see Sam, I dance and talk with the girls and love every minute of it. When I see David I put all my energy into listening.
Micah

Flatpick
Aug-14-2005, 11:14pm
Stay home and practice. Going to see one of the greats will only make you feel less of a "real" player and you'll probrobly want to bust up your mandolin for firewood. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Flatpick

phriend2spin
Aug-15-2005, 12:50am
I've had a great time everytime I've seen Sam Bush. He's a rockstar, and does it well.
Your right he is a rock star. We had a great time and there were only about 100 people there too. I have some great pictures and will try to post them as soon as I can. The only thing that I didn't like about Sam Bush is that he tried to turn a few songs into JamBand songs like Phish or something. The jams were weak and he played an electric mando that sounded thin and small. He did do one or two old bluegrass songs and some of his better known songs. Other than that he was really fun to watch from 2 feet away.

Karen Kay
Aug-16-2005, 10:31pm
Do you have to choose? #Why not both - at that price you can't lose.
I've seen Sammy a couple of times & even met him - he's a hoot to see & listen to.
Karen