PDA

View Full Version : York Beach Maine

WJF
Aug-08-2005, 10:39am
Heading to my favorite spot on the planet soon for salt water, sun, lobster and hopefully, a little mandolin playing.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent jams or open mics in the area where one might find an opportunity to play ...

Thanks!!

Adam Tracksler
Aug-08-2005, 4:38pm
probably should be posted to the regional jams section.
It depends on what you play. I live in Kittery. There is an irish session in Portsmouth and a bluegrass session in Eliot. Joyce Anderson plays in York once a week.

WJF
Aug-08-2005, 4:57pm
Hi atracksler! Thanks for the tip on the jams ... especially the one in Eliot ... how far a drive would you guess that is from York?

I know Joyce from her "NY days" ... In fact we were in the same band for a while when she lived down here so I was thinking of looking her up. She still has the weekly thing going at "Inn on the Blues"? I sat in with her there for a couple of tunes about two years ago when I was last up. She is one awesome fiddle player ...

Anyway ... thanks again for the info!

Adam Tracksler
Aug-09-2005, 5:56am
Its about 1 minutes away and is really laid back, I havent been in a while, and was thinking of checking it out this week. I'll let you know. Joyce is still at the Inn, check her website for details.
--ad

Mandobar
Aug-09-2005, 7:34am
just so you know, joyce was around 8 months pregnant the day of her cd release party(a month or so ago). i don't think she's been doing much lately. the inn on the blues has changed hands so i am not sure what the schedule there is.

WJF
Aug-09-2005, 9:25am
Hi guys ... Thanks agian for the info!! That's great news about the Eliot jam being pretty close and about Joyce! She must be really psyched!

atracksler ... is there any additional info on the Eliot jam ... a website, street address, phone number ... anything to help me find my way to them? Do you know what night /time things get going over there?

Thanks Again!
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Adam Tracksler
Aug-09-2005, 10:42am
I havent been in a while - so I'm not sure whats going on, I will make some calls today. It is in a church across from the middle school in eliot (you'd think after living here for almst 10 years, I'd know the names of places, but ....). It is not anything particularly formal, it starts around 4pm and goes till around 7. Usually its bluegrass/gospel/old country.

Adam Tracksler
Aug-10-2005, 7:09am
The jam is at the Eliot Congregational Church, it starts at 4:30. Maybe I'll see you there.