PDA

View Full Version : Pine Mountain Railroad

JohnF
Aug-08-2005, 9:50am
I don't see this band discussed much and wasn't sure what to expect when I saw them at Podunk Friday night. Well was I surprised. This was just about the best show i've seen lately. Killer musicians, awesome harmonies and although they used several mics they still kept the one in the center to share vocals and some solos.
Cody Shuler on mandolin is one powerful player with a whole lot of Monroe styling and just enough modern finess sprinkled in.
I've seen some big names lately and i'll take these boys anyday.
Us notherners weren't sure what to make of those suits and i think i'll be hard-pressed to find Odom's Tennessee Pride Sausage they were handing coupons for but it all added to the charm.
If you can check these boys out!!!!!

GVD
Aug-08-2005, 1:25pm
JohnF Posted

...Us notherners weren't sure what to make of those suits...

Us Midwesterners had the same reactions to their suits. #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif #But 70's pimp suits or not them boys can pick can't they?

GVD

good_ol_al_61
Aug-08-2005, 9:29pm
Hey John,

Pine Mtn. Railroad really is a great band. I saw them for the first time earlier this year.

Cody frequents this board under the name PickNpine (or something close to that) and is a really great guy.

I'll go see them anytime they are in my area. Everyone else should too IMHO.

Picknpine
Aug-16-2005, 11:19pm
Thanks alot guys! We are glad you like our music! Come see us again when you can!
-Cody Shuler