PDA

View Full Version : Montana Oldtime Fiddle Camp

DPrager
May-19-2019, 12:27am
Has anyone been to this camp? Is anyone going?

dp

MontanaMatt
May-19-2019, 2:45am
I habitually miss it! Darn it! I saw that it is sold out. The instructor list is awesome as usual.
I have several friends who've gone and raved about how fun it is.

Victor Daniel
May-19-2019, 8:53am
I've always wanted to go as I have many friends that go and speak highly of it. I'm a high school teacher and our finals week is unfortunately always the same week as fiddle camp week 1 (which is when John Reischman is there, and when most of my acquaintances go). However this year I'm getting to perform with 2 of the instructors Alfonso Ponticell and Tim Kliphuis for an evening of Django inspired gypsy tunes at the Mynra Loy Theater here in Helena Montana immediately following fiddle camp. Tim and Alfonso came through town last year and they are top rate jazz musicians. Some day when I retire I will definitely go.

doc holiday
May-19-2019, 12:30pm
My son & I went many years ago, the first year Bobby Hicks was teaching fiddle & John Reischman was teaching mandolin. It's a great camp run by great folks. Looks like it's full & that's no surprise.

bigskygirl
May-19-2019, 1:28pm
I've been - camping is best and there are dorms as well as nearby hotels.

DPrager
May-28-2019, 10:28am
Thanks for all of your comments. I'm registered and jazzed about being part of week 2. This should be the best possible start to my Montana summer. Music camp, birthday party (not mine) and trout harassment.

David