PDA

View Full Version : Mile Twelve on tour | Chattanooga, TN

Drew Streip
Apr-05-2019, 7:50am
I saw Mile Twelve last night, the fantastic Boston bluegrass band featuring David Benedict of "Mandolin Mondays" fame.

If they're within a few hours of you on their current tour (https://www.miletwelvebluegrass.com/tour), you need to go see them! They are great songwriters, instrumentalists and arrangers. In other words, their covers don't sound like covers, and their original tunes already sound like old standards.

I was glad that they had a good crowd at the intimately sized Barking Legs Theatre, because when I saw Mike Compton and Joe Newberry there a few months ago, there were literally only a half-dozen attendees. (Better for me, though, because they played completely un-amplified and it was basically a public practice session.)

One last word -- as expected, David deserves all the accolades he gets. He's a super nice dude who actually remembered my name from when we met a few years ago / our infrequent Cafe interactions. Keep the good stuff coming!

JRG
Apr-05-2019, 10:59am
Right on Drew, they are at ISIS Music Hall in Asheville April 25. Great listening room and as Drew said, well worth a few hours drive.

RandyC
Apr-05-2019, 11:11am
They are playing at the Westchester Bluegrass Club April 20th. Already have my ticket. Can't wait!

Ignatius
May-06-2019, 9:46pm
I just saw them open for the Del McCoury Band last Thursday in Chicago, and they are the real deal. Truly wonderful music and a great stage presence. My wife and I bought both of their albums at their table after the concert. Very nice people and very good music. I'm a new fan for sure.

Johnny60
May-07-2019, 2:26am
Saw Mile Twelve when they were touring the UK a few weeks ago and can concur that they’re all really accomplished musicians. Favourite song of the evening was Good Times Every Night.

jphalabuk
Jun-13-2019, 2:19pm
I take fiddle lessons from their fiddler. They are all very good musicians.