PDA

View Full Version : Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper

Ronny Stecher
Feb-26-2019, 8:47pm
I DVR'd Bluegrass Underground with this band and Wow, Great stuff. Watch the whole episode if you can find it. Michael plays mostly violin but when they went double mando with banjo and guitar it was stellar. Here's a clip of that song with different personnel, but God Bless these Gents. Smokin' players!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoXYSRekQHo

Bill McCall
Feb-26-2019, 9:53pm
+1. Awesome band. Can’t believe the hand speed and clarity of Nathan Livers. And they’re the headliners at Wenatchee this year��

Manfred Hacker
Feb-27-2019, 7:09am
+1. Awesome band. Can’t believe the hand speed and clarity of Nathan Livers. And they’re the headliners at Wenatchee this year��
I don't see Nathan Livers in this video

Bill McCall
Feb-27-2019, 10:48am
Didn’t look at the video. Saw the band twice lately with Nathan. He replaced Jesse Brock, who is in the video.

Skip Kelley
Feb-27-2019, 12:46pm
Michael and Jesse are masters of their instruments! Thanks for posting! I enjoyed that!

Ronny Stecher
Feb-27-2019, 3:12pm
Keep an eye out for the Bluegrass Underground episode 13 Season 8. For those with a PBS membership, Here's the link.... https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=ymyy-t-999&p=bluegrass+underground+michael+cleveland+%26+flam e+keeper#action=view&id=2&vid=5eb06c7d584da004c1f27d0c650308e5

mtucker
Mar-09-2019, 11:30am
Here's a more recent one with nathan.

Grommet
Mar-09-2019, 11:37pm
Dang, that's some hot pickin'

Scott

Mark Marino
Mar-10-2019, 8:16am
I saw them live in a small auditorium in traverse city MI last month. Just amazing- as tight as can be and fast. Probably the first concert I didn’t walk away thinking ‘I should do that song..’ because it was just so blazing fast

mmuussiiccaall
Mar-10-2019, 9:19pm
Someone at a recording session I was at started telling Michael what key and mode the next song was going to be in and he said he hated all that stuff. He said "Just start playing it and I'll jump in", he did and all our mouths dropped!

mandoglobal
Mar-10-2019, 9:56pm
Someone at a recording session I was at started telling Michael what key and mode the next song was going to be in and he said he hated all that stuff. He said "Just start playing it and I'll jump in", he did and all our mouths dropped!
Mike has perfect pitch - he can tell you what note you’re playing, fretted or not, on any instrument (even non bluegrass, non strung.) So that’s why it’s easier for him to just jump in than to mess with all the formal lingo. To say he’s gifted is an understatement. Such a great person too.

Mark Wilson
Mar-11-2019, 8:30am
To say he’s gifted is an understatement.Um.. yes. As awesome as his playing skills are, Mike's musical imagination is spell binding imo.

mandocanoe
Mar-17-2019, 11:33am
I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing them last year at the Pagosa Folk and Bluegrass Festival. Michael did a fiddle workshop with Luke Bulla that was amazing. Seems that they have known one another for a long time via the Contest Circuit. Several times, one would select a tune (or one would be requested) and they would generate the most fantastic harmonies on the spot.

Mark Gunter
Mar-20-2019, 6:28pm
I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing them last year at the Pagosa Folk and Bluegrass Festival. Michael did a fiddle workshop with Luke Bulla that was amazing. Seems that they have known one another for a long time via the Contest Circuit. Several times, one would select a tune (or one would be requested) and they would generate the most fantastic harmonies on the spot.

i was fortunate enough to see their set at Pagosa last year. What a show!

Loar Player
May-02-2019, 5:04pm
I saw them play this song live at a little festival in Illinois, it's hard to watch anyone else play it without thinking "Michael and Nathan did it better".