PDA

View Full Version : 10 Tunes in 9 Keys by David Grisman

Rickker
Feb-25-2019, 9:48am
This was a little tabulature booklet that David put out in the 1970s around the time he started the "Mandolin World News" publications. I expect I am not the only one here who is old enough to remember those days when it was hard to get mandolin tabs or just general information. Anyway, does anyone here happen to have a copy of the subject booklet? Some years ago my copy went missing. I am now struggling to remember the B part of "Durham's Reel" (or Durham's Bull"). The version in David's booklet is very appealing and I like it much better than other versions from Mandozine or elsewhere. Something about the descending scale patterns is very appealing. I used to play it but now cannot remember how the last half of the B part goes. Old age brain fade.

So, if anyone here on the Cafe just happens to have a copy, I would really appreciate it if you would scan the page containing Durham's Reel (or Bull, whichever is) and post it. I am only asking for the one tune, not the whole booklet. Thanks in advance.

.....Rickker

Chris Daniels
Feb-25-2019, 10:23am
This was a little tabulature booklet that David put out in the 1970s around the time he started the "Mandolin World News" publications. I expect I am not the only one here who is old enough to remember those days when it was hard to get mandolin tabs or just general information. Anyway, does anyone here happen to have a copy of the subject booklet? Some years ago my copy went missing. I am now struggling to remember the B part of "Durham's Reel" (or Durham's Bull"). The version in David's booklet is very appealing and I like it much better than other versions from Mandozine or elsewhere. Something about the descending scale patterns is very appealing. I used to play it but now cannot remember how the last half of the B part goes. Old age brain fade.

So, if anyone here on the Cafe just happens to have a copy, I would really appreciate it if you would scan the page containing Durham's Reel (or Bull, whichever is) and post it. I am only asking for the one tune, not the whole booklet. Thanks in advance.

.....Rickker

PM Sent.

C.

Rickker
Feb-25-2019, 1:15pm
Thanks for the PM and attached file, Chris. Worked great, went into my Dropbox. Now working on the tune. Much appreciated.
....Rick

AlanN
Feb-25-2019, 4:03pm
Way cool book...

AlanN
Feb-25-2019, 4:15pm
As is this one...

Rickker
Feb-26-2019, 10:36am
Yes, great stuff and invaluable to those of us who aren’t good at learning tunes and breaks by ear.
....Rickker

Jacob Hagerty
May-21-2020, 8:27pm
Hi Chris I too am now searching for this book. Still have that pdf laying around