PDA

View Full Version : Collings Tuners?

prairieschooner
Dec-21-2018, 11:58am
Can someone help with the model number for the Collings Mt2 Tuners? Mine came with Ivroid Buttons & I would like to change them out for Ebony or maybe Black Pearlescent.
Thanks in advance!

Caleb
Dec-26-2018, 11:06am
I would email Collings since different models and lots can have different tuners. They'll be able to tell you just what you have based on your serial number.

Side note: I had a tuner issue with my MT and Collings sent me new tuners for free. Awesome customer service.

prairieschooner
Dec-26-2018, 4:10pm
I would email Collings since different models and lots can have different tuners. They'll be able to tell you just what you have based on your serial number.

Side note: I had a tuner issue with my MT and Collings sent me new tuners for free. Awesome customer service.

Thanks, I talked to them after I didn't get any replies. She didn't know the model but had the black tuner knobs in stock, I will order when they come back from the break.
PS what was wrong with your tuners?

RobP
Dec-26-2018, 5:04pm
Collings also arranged to have StewMac send me new tuners. The ones on my MT were stiff/tight ever since I bought the instrument new, and they started getting worse. I was on the verge of buying Rubners when I thought I see if I could get a warranty replacement. The new ones work fine. Very good customer service, on the part of both companies!

mandroid
Dec-26-2018, 5:24pm
Lots of Prior tuner upgrade threads, don't like stock, willing to spend up? ,
You have choices..

Waverly A with ebony knobs was $400 at last check .. ;)

Caleb
Dec-27-2018, 12:47am
Thanks, I talked to them after I didn't get any replies. She didn't know the model but had the black tuner knobs in stock, I will order when they come back from the break.
PS what was wrong with your tuners?I had the crummy StewMac Golden Age tuners. Got a replacement set that was also bad. Collings mailed me a set of Gotohs and now all’s well in the world.

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-27-2018, 5:37am
Caleb - My Ellis DeLuxe "A" style has Gotoh MA40's on it & they're superb !. A much overlooked tuner brand IMHO,
Ivan;)
173647 (These now have Black tuner buttons)