PDA

View Full Version : PE Langdell Guitar

rollingdam
Dec-20-2018, 11:44am
As you are aware PE Langdell was the founder of Rigel Mandolins.

I own a guitar he made in 2005-a Starliner Jumbo and thought I should post some pics.

bbcee
Dec-20-2018, 12:25pm
... so you're posting this to bum me out?? :))

Seriously, that is one beautiful guitar. I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks - recording, please!

Jim Garber
Dec-20-2018, 12:55pm
Nice! Gibson-style round-shouldered dreadnaught with NY Epiphone-like headstock.

rollingdam
Dec-20-2018, 1:11pm
Nice! Gibson-style round-shouldered dreadnaught with NY Epiphone-like headstock.

It is a nice guitar and quite heavy-perhaps the maple back and sides.

I bought it at a great price as it needed a neck reset-that has been done and now I love it.

Now I need to find the right strings for it-I tried the Martin Monel and though they last the tone does not do it for me.

Jim Garber
Dec-20-2018, 2:26pm
What gauge were you using? I used to use light gauge on all my guitars but with my Huss & Dalton DS (very similar to your Langdell but with RW back and sides) I switched to mediums and D'Addario nickel-bronze strings. They sound a bit warmer to me than Monels but not as brash as PB strings.

pops1
Dec-20-2018, 3:48pm
I had a guitar I was thinking of selling because the sound wasn't doing it for me. For whatever reason I tried GHS Vintage Bronze and it came to life and is definitely a keeper. The strings I use on other guitars just weren't for this one.

rollingdam
Dec-20-2018, 4:15pm
What gauge were you using? I used to use light gauge on all my guitars but with my Huss & Dalton DS (very similar to your Langdell but with RW back and sides) I switched to mediums and D'Addario nickel-bronze strings. They sound a bit warmer to me than Monels but not as brash as PB strings.

I use medium gauge-lights won't do it for this guitar

Marty Jacobson
Dec-20-2018, 5:14pm
That's gorgeous. Pete's a genius.

rollingdam
Jan-10-2019, 10:49am
anyone else own a Langdell guitar?

Charles E.
Jan-10-2019, 2:07pm
Nice guitar, did you notice your reflection on the B string tuner and the tops of all the string posts?