PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Dix and Julie Cline - Video

Northwest Steve
Dec-06-2018, 3:32pm
I was looking around on YouTube and ran in to these two - I think a lot of us have at least one Bruce Dix book but I had not really heard him. These two together are a great match.
If you like this one there are several others and they have a cd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupw-ysSbUs

Randolph
Dec-06-2018, 4:37pm
Thank you for the post...sweet stuff indeed. I have been privileged to attend two workshops over the years with Dix, one he did solo, the other he brought along Tom Rozum (sp.). Both times were filled with much fun, laughter and confidence building musicianship. Dix is a great player and very supportive in a workshop environment. More than once, even the clams became a teachable moment in terms of getting lost and then finding a way back into the tune/song. I wish all of my teachers could be as gracious.:mandosmiley:

usqebach
Dec-06-2018, 7:32pm
Love the BRW 2 Point that Julie is playing. I have one much like it within 5íserial numbers of hers. I donít play mine nearly as well!

SOMorris
Dec-06-2018, 7:43pm
Thanks for the link. I have three Bruce Dix books :). I like the way he adds humor to his books. Also, it is obvious from going through his books that he is trying to get a person up and playing as soon as possible.

Rich Benson
Dec-06-2018, 9:17pm
Just to be clear and because he is a great guy - his first name is Dix, last name Bruce.

Northwest Steve
Dec-06-2018, 10:36pm
Just to be clear and because he is a great guy - his first name is Dix, last name Bruce.

Ops!