PDA

View Full Version : New FLATIRON Festival -- my recent trade

David M.
Jul-25-2005, 9:19am
Just traded for this 2000 Flatiron, so no more "poor, poor, pitiful ME...". This one's amazing. Good volume, nice tone, very loose playing with good bottom end. Neck has some serious flame, back moderate flame. Sides don't have much flame. Been played alot because tailpiece is starting to turn, but in good shape overall. Best thing is that the store in Madison, WI treated me VERY fairly.

So, here you go:

David M.
Jul-25-2005, 9:20am
Back view

David M.
Jul-25-2005, 9:21am
Last one. Thanks!

Jonathan James
Jul-25-2005, 9:42am
Sweet. I had one very similar in look and it was a great, great mandolin. Enjoy!

Guitar Jeremy
Jul-25-2005, 9:54am
That's one good-looking mandolin you've got there.

Coy Wylie
Jul-25-2005, 10:44am
Congrats! Sounds like it's been played enough to open up but not enough to put any serious wear on it. How are the frets?

David M.
Jul-25-2005, 10:46am
Frets aren't in too bad of shape. Little wear, but not bad.

Dang, those pics came out HUGE.

pickinNgrinnin
Jul-25-2005, 9:23pm
I've had a couple of these along the M.A.S. trail. Great Mandos for the money. Perhaps a best buy among the USA made. Basically the same instrument as the F5-G and for less dough.

Enjoy!

jessboo
Jul-25-2005, 11:14pm
I swear when you let me play this beast saturday i could hear say take me home for a week to really try me out. Or maybe i was hearing things. It's a great mandolin!!!!!!

David M.
Jul-26-2005, 11:15am
Let me get tired of it first, Dale, then I'll bring it over to your house. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif