PDA

View Full Version : The Chapmans

Kbone
Jul-25-2005, 8:14am
I usually watch a " Woodsongs" concert once a week or so via the internet, and this morning I watched the " Chapmans ' concert. Those boys can really pick and sing, the song that knocked me out was the instrumental " Pickled Flavored Ice Cream."

Albert Whiting
Jul-25-2005, 6:41pm
do you have the new chapmans cd? it absolutely rocks! man those guys are awesome. they have incredible singing and also are great players. it is rare to find people who can do both. not only do i like their music but i respect them as musicians. CHAPMANS RULE!

dj9124
Jul-26-2005, 9:38pm
I saw them at Bean Blossom a few years back and was really impressed. Real nice fellows too, I talked to them for a little while at their CD booth, really nice people.

Scotti Adams
Jul-27-2005, 3:34pm
I just ordered their new CD...I really like their sangin..

250sc
Jul-28-2005, 12:09pm
I saw them a few years ago and was impressed with their song selection. Everything from Merl Hagard to Gershwin.

I enjoyed them a lot.

Scotti Adams
Jul-28-2005, 3:07pm
..wow..you have to hand it to Amazon.com..I ordered The Chapmans and Blue Highways new Cds yesterday and got them today..but anyway..both Discs are top shelf...great picking and singing on both.....BH's has mostly origional tunes by the band members. Shawn Lanes "Tears fell On Missouri" has to be my new favorite tune....not many tunes hit me right in the gut..just about made me cry.....both Cds are highly recommended.

Ken Sager
Jul-28-2005, 3:24pm
They're a great, polished band -- on stage.

I played a small festival in Nevada last fall where they also played. Walking off stage while they walked on they didn't even acknowledge our hellos. Acted like we weren't even there. Happened more than once backstage. Come to think of it they barely talked to each other, too. Maybe it was just a bad week.

They have a fan-club, by the way. I believe the membership fee is $25 to join. Inspired me to start my own fan-club, but membership to mine is $100 a year. PM me for details.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Love to all,
KS