PDA

View Full Version : Superior Case info

Scotti Adams
Mar-12-2004, 8:18am
..A buddy of mine who owns a Taggart Mando has a rectangle superior case...pretty cool lookin old case....Ive done a seqarch on Superior cases and the only thing I have found is info on formed/shaped cases. Do they have a web site or something. Are there any more of these owners out there? The reason Im asking is because he wants another one...thanks... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

GTison
Mar-12-2004, 10:41am
superior is saga's old brand. My KM 1000 came in one in 84 that is a loar case "copy". blue interior. I always liked that case. gruhns had a monteleone A in one last year I almost traded cass but I didn't. Some time after I bought mine maybe late 80's they switched the interior to a "loop" pile velour. Mine is velvet. I got one of these cases but the interior braces and all was loose from the bottom so I didn't keep it. Not as high quality as my old one. I don't know if they ever went back to velvet. If they made a green one again I think they could sell a ton of 'em but you know saga.

Scotti Adams
Mar-12-2004, 10:47am
..yea thats what I thought...almost a dead ringer for the Loar case IF it had the green interior....so are you saying they dont make that style case anymore?

GTison
Mar-13-2004, 8:51pm
I'm not an authority on saga's current line. I do have a coulple of old catalogs from the early 80's and early 90's. They had em then but I haven't seen one in years. ... and the new km1000s come in those calton shaped cases. Mine came in the superior case. (it is a good mandolin too but that's another subject). Now speaking of the case the pad in the top of the case does touch the strings all the way. but it doesn't seem overly tight. I think to find one in great shape would be a great find. If you were looking for that kind of thing.

AlanN
Mar-13-2004, 9:08pm
I also had one of those Superior square jobs for a 1985 Flatiron F-5 Artist. Nice case, should've held onto it.

jimbob
Mar-14-2004, 1:49am
I am looking for a case like the one you describe...I like a rectangular case. I have seen the TKL website, but that is about the only place I have found that offers a rectangular case. There are the newer designed foam and nylon cases, but I prefer the more "traditional" case...hold more stuff...any ideas on where to look ? I have to shop via internet due to my location...thanks

Scotti Adams
Mar-14-2004, 7:52am
try finecases.com

MANDOLINMYSTER
Mar-14-2004, 3:59pm
I have a tan rectangle with light-green velvet lining (superior brand) case that my 1984 DAWG came in. Its a real nice case lots of storage. I prefer shaped cases for the most part though, there easier to travel with because they fit in all kind'a places. If I'm not mistaken I believe the brand label says made in california. I'll have to confirm that http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

Martin Jonas
Mar-15-2004, 8:31am
My 1989 Washburn M3-SW has a black rectangular case with dark-green felt lining and a good big accessories compartment, which is very nice and looks much like the old Gibson cases. It should fit all F-styles. I see from Washburn's web site that they sell the case separately (MC92, list price $139.90), but there's no photo, so I don't know whether they're still the same style of case as in 1989.

Martin