PDA

View Full Version : Visited Elderly

Pittsburgh Bill
Sep-27-2018, 8:32am
This is not new information. I have to say a hundred mile detour is not too much in your travels for the experience. I found that MAS has not set in after playing several instruments. The Seagull S8 will not meet my needs as a travel mandolin.
The Northfield oval hole was impressive.
Kudos to the friendly staff. Tim was especially accommodating.

Timbofood
Sep-27-2018, 8:48am
There should be a sign above the door:
“Abandon all hope, Ye who enter here!”
I’m only a little over a hundred miles round trip but, I do try to keep my wits about me when I visit the place!
Great staff, known Stan since I was a pup in the music field.

Seter
Sep-27-2018, 9:43am
I visited them virtually last week, and was amazed at how fast I received my order.

Br1ck
Sep-27-2018, 1:48pm
100 mile round trip is about the right distance to be from a storel ike that. Far enough away not to be frequented, close enough to get to when you're serious. Not like me and 20 minutes to get to Gryphon. What must it be like to be a player living in Nashville?

Bill Clements
Sep-28-2018, 7:08pm
I live 11 miles from Elderly.
Life is good!

Timbofood
Sep-29-2018, 8:08am
But Bill, look at the look on your face! And that’s holding an L&H scroll head!
You are too close, there’s a monkey on your back called the Mandolin! The dealer is too close!:grin:

Br1ck, I have to agree my spacing is just about right and when the monkey really needs something I can order it and have it in a day.
Every now and then I will get a couple of buddy’s and we will go over, restock strings and so on, play some different instruments. Have a good time, get some lunch and cruise home.
It’s still one of the high points of getting into playing music!