PDA

View Full Version : I think My A has fit in... :)

slimt
Sep-01-2018, 8:08pm
I got my Gibson A 1910 about a two weeks ago.. it was Dirty, Cleaned all the grime off of it.. left all the patina on the tailpiece and tuners though,, Its fit in just fine.. :mandosmiley::grin:

Thanks for looking..

Dave Fultz
Sep-01-2018, 8:20pm
Nice collection!

I always degrime a used instrument. Looks better, makes me feel better. No telling where the previous owners hands were. Sometimes it likes like they were eating with their hands between songs.

Mark Gunter
Sep-01-2018, 8:50pm
That's a beautiful little Gibby slimt! How does she sound? Nice collection. Do you play that L5 much?

colorado_al
Sep-01-2018, 9:18pm
Nice collection!

I always degrime a used instrument. Looks better, makes me feel better. No telling where the previous owners hands were. Sometimes it likes like they were eating with their hands between songs.

Same here. I can't believe the condition some of my used instruments have been in when purchased. But the grime does reduce the price, and can easily be removed, so I don't mind the bit of work.

slimt
Sep-01-2018, 9:19pm
That's a beautiful little Gibby slimt! How does she sound? Nice collection. Do you play that L5 much?

Hi and Thanks... The sound of the A is very Comparable to the F4.. wide open tone.. Playability on both is Just so easy as well.. The L5 has been out a few times,,.. never had it plugged in though.. :)... I have a 63 6119 I usually dabble on to keep me entertained..

slimt
Sep-01-2018, 9:20pm
Nice collection!

this was a filthy little one..

thecelloronin
Sep-01-2018, 10:18pm
Is there a specific nomenclature to differentiate those pointed florentine Gibsons from regular F-styles? Lovely family ya got there, btw!

MikeZito
Sep-02-2018, 8:28am
Gibson A is a beauty . . . I am jealous.

Congratulations and enjoy!

V70416
Sep-02-2018, 11:59am
Very cool instruments!

Have any recordings to share of the Sota Mori Moon?

My first mandolin was a 1913 Gibson A1 pumpkin top. I have "misplaced" the bridge and original nut.
It is next on the list to get set up nicely. My cracked teens F4 is being revived. Have to pay for that first.

Support your favorite luthier repairman!

Hendrik Ahrend
Sep-02-2018, 12:09pm
Is there a specific nomenclature to differentiate those pointed florentine Gibsons from regular F-styles? Lovely family ya got there, btw!

"Three point F4" or "Threepointer" is what I have repeatedly read, if I'm not mistaken.

slimt
Sep-02-2018, 4:54pm
Very cool instruments!

Have any recordings to share of the Sota Mori Moon?

My first mandolin was a 1913 Gibson A1 pumpkin top. I have "misplaced" the bridge and original nut.
It is next on the list to get set up nicely. My cracked teens F4 is being revived. Have to pay for that first.

Support your favorite luthier repairman!

The Sota Mori.. It has sustain.. and Lots of it.. it rings like a bell off of each note.. Lots of Voice.. I wish I had a sound clip of it..

Gene Summers
Sep-03-2018, 7:43am
1910 was a very good year for mandolins! Your new 1910 Gibson A is a beauty! :grin: Very nice collection and ENJOY your new to you Gibson!