PDA

View Full Version : I pulled the trigger again. Hope this isn't a blank this time

Lou Giordano
Aug-21-2018, 1:22pm
After the disappointment of not getting the Eastman MD 614 . The MASS multiplied 10X.

I must be crazy . I just bought this from the Mandolin Store. Brian to the recue again!

https://themandolinstore.com/product/2010-custom-weber-bitterroot-f-mandolin-vintage-style/

Roger Moss
Aug-21-2018, 1:28pm
You lunatic. You should forward that thing to me as fast as possible. Its your only hope.

Lou Giordano
Aug-21-2018, 1:34pm
You lunatic. You should forward that thing to me as fast as possible. Its your only hope.

If only you knew lol. Hey, I'm closing in on 69 and my health stinks. What the heck right.

Charles E.
Aug-21-2018, 1:43pm
Lou, I think you will enjoy that Weber for a long time. Beautiful F-2 style!

Jimmybikes
Aug-21-2018, 1:44pm
I think you made a great Choice! American made, great sound and quality!

Eric F.
Aug-21-2018, 1:48pm
Every Weber oval I have played has been very strong. Enjoy!

Lou Giordano
Aug-21-2018, 2:02pm
I just received confirmation I should have it on Thursday .

HonketyHank
Aug-21-2018, 2:21pm
Welcome to the wwww - worldwide weber web.

Northwest Steve
Aug-21-2018, 2:29pm
Congrats....that should be a nice mandolin. Hope it brings you many happy hours of playing.

Doc Ivory
Aug-21-2018, 2:43pm
Nicely done!!!
I don't think you'll be disappointed whatsoever.
Webers and Pava's are excellent instruments

OneChordTrick
Aug-21-2018, 2:56pm

No! The only way to be safe is to get if off the continent. I’ll, reluctantly:) , make you safe from it.

Enjoy!

Lou Giordano
Aug-21-2018, 3:04pm
No! The only way to be safe is to get if off the continent. I’ll, reluctantly:) , make you safe from it.

Enjoy!

:grin:

Lou Giordano
Aug-21-2018, 3:06pm
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement . Adds to my joy ~o)

lenf12
Aug-21-2018, 4:54pm
The MASS multiplied 10X.

And you will be 10X happier with this purchase. Enjoy!!

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

Mike Scott
Aug-21-2018, 7:52pm
Nicely done! I know you’ll enjoy that more than the Eastman. 69?-just a pup......

Br1ck
Aug-21-2018, 11:46pm
When you think you're going down for the last time, could you give me an indication where the estate sale will be and when? I assume you didn't tell anyone what you paid. I need an oval cheap, but at 67 I can't wait too long.

Al Trujillo
Aug-22-2018, 12:12am
Gawwd.....that’s purty!!!

Lou Giordano
Aug-22-2018, 2:57am
When you think you're going down for the last time, could you give me an indication where the estate sale will be and when? I assume you didn't tell anyone what you paid. I need an oval cheap, but at 67 I can't wait too long.

Cheap??:)) The bad news for you is like the say , Only the good die young. I'm closing in on 69 so It will probably 30 years or so until the estate sale . I'll probably forget where I put it someday anyway :grin:. Hopefully I will learn how to play it by then.

OneChordTrick
Aug-22-2018, 4:29am
So you’ll be a great player if only you remember where you left your mandolin? ��

Lou Giordano
Aug-22-2018, 4:40am
So you’ll be a great player if only you remember where you left your mandolin? ��

:grin: I would need divine intervention for me to be a great player, even a just good player .

stevedenver
Aug-22-2018, 6:38am
Lou, wtf happened to the gibby fern?
Was that a blank?

Lou Giordano
Aug-22-2018, 6:56am
Lou, wtf happened to the gibby fern?
Was that a blank?

I sold that way back, maybe 3 or more years ago when my tremors got too bad. Since I had some nerve blocks in my neck and got off the bad meds for the Essential Tremors. My Tremors are very manageable. I even had a Cochlear implant done. I'm hearing better. Finally back trying again about 2 months.

Br1ck
Aug-22-2018, 12:16pm
As my grandpa used to say, getting old's a bitch, unless you consider the alternative.

My goal is to have my skill level stay ahead of my physical decline. That's harder all the time. Yesterday I found out two carpel tunnel surgeries in my future.

Lou Giordano
Aug-22-2018, 12:38pm
As my grandpa used to say, getting old's a bitch, unless you consider the alternative.

My goal is to have my skill level stay ahead of my physical decline. That's harder all the time. Yesterday I found out two carpel tunnel surgeries in my future.

Sorry to hear that . Hope all goes well.

Mark Wilson
Aug-22-2018, 5:27pm
If only you knew lol. Hey, I'm closing in on 69 and my health stinks. What the heck right.
It's in how you chose to spend your time. And you have chosen bigly! Enjoy - that's one classy looking mandolin

stevedenver
Aug-24-2018, 10:39am
I sold that way back, maybe 3 or more years ago when my tremors got too bad. Since I had some nerve blocks in my neck and got off the bad meds for the Essential Tremors. My Tremors are very manageable. I even had a Cochlear implant done. I'm hearing better. Finally back trying again about 2 months.

Glad that youre feeling better.:mandosmiley:

Roger Adams
Aug-24-2018, 5:22pm
After the disappointment of not getting the Eastman MD 614 . The MASS multiplied 10X.

I must be crazy . I just bought this from the Mandolin Store. Brian to the recue again!

https://themandolinstore.com/product/2010-custom-weber-bitterroot-f-mandolin-vintage-style/

Congratulations! That's beauty! Always eat off the good china says I. :)

Loubrava
Aug-25-2018, 9:16am
YOLO bro ! (that's from my millennium daughter) Very nice looking mando I got a Weber a few years ago and love it Happy Picking !
Lou

LadysSolo
Aug-25-2018, 11:01am
Ah Lou, you're old enough to be my older brother! I'm closing in on 64, I bought a Weber Bitterroot oval about 2 years ago, so I can assure you that you will enjoy yours also! I love it more each time I play it. :mandosmiley:

Darren Bailey
Aug-25-2018, 12:39pm
Hey Brick, I've had two operations for carpel tunnel, it was a very positive outcome. All problems solved and no negative consequences. Any operation can create anxiety, but I can assure you this one is nothing to fear.
Best of all the numbness left my fingertips and I can play for as long as my wife lets me without any problem.
If you're interested, I made a series of videos of the healing process to record the recovery time.
Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIBmQs037s

Lou Giordano
Aug-25-2018, 4:33pm
Ah Lou, you're old enough to be my older brother! I'm closing in on 64, I bought a Weber Bitterroot oval about 2 years ago, so I can assure you that you will enjoy yours also! I love it more each time I play it. :mandosmiley:

Yeah I'm older than a lot of people :)) But not as old as some ;)