PDA

View Full Version : My New Girouard Oval !

yankees1
Aug-01-2018, 8:53pm
Just took delivery of a Girouard Oval A mandolin and WOW ! Workmanship impeccable ! Only thing better than the looks is the oval Girouard sound ! Well balanced across the strings and the tone is as clear as a bell. Photos will be posted by tomorrow morning so come on back and take a look ! Thanks to Max Girouard for a great build !

Rodney Riley
Aug-01-2018, 9:05pm
Love to see the pics. Can you do a video or recording so we can hear it?

Max Girouard
Aug-02-2018, 9:02am
Thanks for the kind words Scott, here are the pictures of the build............

16987216987316987416987516987616987716987816987916 9880169881

Charles E.
Aug-02-2018, 9:55am
Pretty sweet! Are those Rubner tuners on the head stock?

Rodney Riley
Aug-02-2018, 10:10am
Beautiful!!! Thanks

Larry S Sherman
Aug-02-2018, 10:43am
Very classy burst!

yankees1
Aug-02-2018, 10:52am
Pretty sweet! Are those Rubner tuners on the head stock?

Rubner Deluxe

JEStanek
Aug-02-2018, 10:55am
Lovely. Max and Lauri do great work. I hope it gives you years of great service.

Jamie

yankees1
Aug-02-2018, 10:59am
Lovely. Max and Lauri do great work. I hope it gives you years of great service.

,Jamie At my age I hope I have enough years left before it's broke in ! :) But, I've got musical daughters and grand daughters that are waiting in line for their inheritance ! :)

amowry
Aug-02-2018, 12:40pm
Beautiful!

Jim Garber
Aug-02-2018, 12:47pm
That is beautiful, Max. I especially love the subtle carving on that abbreviated pickguard/fingerrest.

Jill McAuley
Aug-02-2018, 2:00pm
What a beauty! I saw a couple of photos on the Girouard Facebook page and had wondered if that one was yours! Makes me even more excited for my Girouard oval A!!

Al Trujillo
Aug-04-2018, 8:35pm
Girouards are simply stunning!

yankees1
Aug-04-2018, 10:43pm
Girouards are simply stunning! Stunning yes, but the oval sound is amazing !

Don Grieser
Aug-05-2018, 12:37pm
Congrats and enjoy!!

Blues Healer
Aug-05-2018, 6:08pm
Congratulations!
I also have an oval on order, so I enjoyed seeing the pics Max posted on his page.
I agree about the stunning looks, and I listened to a lot of clips, so I'm glad to hear you love the sound.
Enjoy!

Al Trujillo
Aug-05-2018, 6:53pm
Stunning yes, but the oval sound is amazing !

I was set to order an oval last year at this time but other things came up. Now I get a bit emotional when I see one. :)

Jim Garber
Aug-05-2018, 9:04pm
I am curious. Which model of A-Oval is this? I assume from the hardware that it is either Concert or Concert Master?

Mandolin Models (http://www.girouardmandolins.com/models-and-pricing.html)

yankees1
Aug-05-2018, 9:46pm
I am curious. Which model of A-Oval is this? I assume from the hardware that it is either Concert or Concert Master?

Mandolin Models (http://www.girouardmandolins.com/models-and-pricing.html) Ensemble with upgrades with Rubner Deluxe tuners. James tailpiece. EVO Gold frets. I feel it is a bargain at $2800.

Lou Giordano
Aug-06-2018, 5:56am
Beautiful! Enjoy.

yankees1
Aug-06-2018, 3:36pm
Beautiful! Enjoy. Sitting here at home right now enjoying my Girouard ! Working on Flowers of Edinburgh ! What a wonderful oval mandolin ! I have owned two other ovals that I had built for me but I sold one and returned the other but this one is a keeper !

Lou Giordano
Aug-06-2018, 4:06pm
Sitting here at home right now enjoying my Girouard ! Working on Flowers of Edinburgh ! What a wonderful oval mandolin ! I have owned two other ovals that I had built for me but I sold one and returned the other but this one is a keeper !

I hope to own an oval some day. Don't know I'm old to be learning.

Ryk Loske
Aug-06-2018, 4:13pm
Lynne's Girouard is treasured here as are the memories of meeting Max and Laurie when they were still in New Hampshire. My only problem is that i can't go to the Music Emporium's site anymore. Tough enough to get past the mandolins and mandolas but the mandocello there now has me in its grasp. It's haunting.

Ryk

yankees1
Aug-07-2018, 5:27am
I hope to own an oval some day. Don't know I'm old to be learning.
I don't know your age but I didn't take up the mandolin until I was almost 64 years young ! Never played any instrument before that and no musical talent ! Now 71 and play in a band so get that oval and get playing ! :)

jbaw
Aug-07-2018, 10:09pm
I don't know your age but I didn't take up the mandolin until I was almost 64 years young ! Never played any instrument before that and no musical talent ! Now 71 and play in a band so get that oval and get playing ! :)

Oh I'm so happy to hear this - I started last year at 59 and am wondering if I will ever get good enough to let anyone hear me. I do love it as well as the violin that I am also learning. Having this new Mowry is inspiring but also intimidating ;)

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-08-2018, 3:57am
I don't know what it is about them,but some mandolins just 'look' as thought they'll sound good,& that's one of them - it ''looks right'' - it's a beauty for sure,
Ivan;)

yankees1
Aug-13-2018, 8:20pm
I'm so impressed with the Girouard oval sound and workmanship that I just ordered a F4 from Max Girouard. I'm about a year out however for delivery so the next year will be long !

Bogle
Aug-14-2018, 8:23am
Think positively....that stunning A oval will be great company during your wait!

Mandobar
Aug-14-2018, 9:24am

Hope to take delivery of this one Sunday. My schedule has been hectic, and we keep missing each other, but here's a tenor Max just made. Excuse the glare.

Jill McAuley
Aug-14-2018, 11:14am
What a beauty of a tenor guitar! I was wondering if any of the tenors Max had just built were going to Cafe members! Congratulations on that!

yankees1
Aug-29-2018, 4:58am
Oh I'm so happy to hear this - I started last year at 59 and am wondering if I will ever get good enough to let anyone hear me. I do love it as well as the violin that I am also learning. Having this new Mowry is inspiring but also intimidating ;)

You have probably heard this before, but it's the journey , not the destination ! A lot of truth in this!

Russ Donahue
Aug-30-2018, 1:44pm

Hope to take delivery of this one Sunday. My schedule has been hectic, and we keep missing each other, but here's a tenor Max just made. Excuse the glare.

Hi Mandobar!
I had to look twice at the "innovation" that Max and Laurie had developed on the tenor - then realized it was a reflection from an overhead light! Quite the finish on that beauty.
Russ

MissingString
Aug-30-2018, 2:30pm
Both the instruments in this thread are just gorgeous. Those in the Northeast are lucky enough to call the Girouard's "locals". If you've ever had the good fortune to communicate with Max and/or Lauri, it's easy to understand all the praise they get here on the Cafe. Looking forward to witness what they come up with in the years to come. Congrats on your new instruments.