PDA

View Full Version : Article: D'Addario Monel String Sets Giveaway

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-01-2018, 8:00am
You can view the page at https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?477-D-Addario-Monel-String-Sets-Giveaway

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169768&d=1531409086&stc=1 (https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?477-D-Addario-Monel-String-Sets-Giveaway)

Roger Moss
Aug-01-2018, 8:49am
Sounds good.

Paul Statman
Aug-01-2018, 10:12pm
Sounds tasty - That's a whole lot of strings, and a box of goodies, to boot! Giving out 12 of these, so fangers, toes and eyes crossed over here.
Thanks again to The Mandolin Cafe and D'Addario..and Yum!:mandosmiley:

yankees1
Aug-02-2018, 2:17am
I just put a set on my Ellis F5 . They sound fine but I prefer GHS A270's to my ear.

Doc Ivory
Aug-02-2018, 6:13am
I"m ready!

Bob Clark
Aug-02-2018, 7:03am
I sure appreciate all these giveaway drawings Scott lines up for us. They are a lot of fun. I think they also show that the people making the things we use (mandolins, strings, amplifiers, etc) value the Cafe and its connection to all of us. What could be better?:grin:

BTW, the Schertler drawing a while back that I won has directly resulted in the sale of at least a couple of Schertler pickups that I am aware of. It has also made a number of players in my area aware of their great products and may result in more sales. I am really glad to see that working out for Schertler. I want our industry supporters to prosper as well. It is good for all of us!

Good luck!

Bob

Paul Statman
Aug-02-2018, 11:10am
Yes, it's all about the individual ear- and the individual mandolin..

yankees1
Aug-02-2018, 12:08pm
Yes, it's all about the individual ear- and the individual mandolin.. I think they would sound better too if they were free from winning a set !! :)

Paul Statman
Aug-02-2018, 12:17pm
I think they would sound better too if they were free from winning a set !! :)
I do believe that you are right in this thinking, yankees1. Hopefully, I'll be able to confirm or deny soon enough!

Glassweb
Aug-04-2018, 1:50pm
I just put a set of these on my F5 and they sound fantastic. They also feel very smooth on the fingers. Might be my new go-to set... have been using the EXPs for awhile but these have a smoother, warmer sound... NICE!

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-14-2018, 8:01am
Registration has ended. We will be contacting the winning entries in a few minutes.

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-14-2018, 8:07am
Winning entries have now been contacted by email.

Paul Statman
Aug-14-2018, 11:10am
Woo-hoo! I'm one of the dozen lucky winners, and boy, am I stoked!
Thanks again to Scott and D'Addario for making my day today.

Drew Egerton
Aug-14-2018, 3:20pm
dang! I was hoping for this one since I recently discovered another brand of Monels don't sound too bad at all and wanted to compare. Thanks anyway for the chance!

Glassweb
Aug-14-2018, 5:04pm
I won... I won! Many thanks to Scott and DA for this fantastic surprise. I am a convert to the Monel sound just recently so this is really great timing! By the way Drew, (above) I have played both the D'Addario Monels and another leading brand and prefer the DAs... I think their high-carbon steel formula (this is used in the EXP strings as well) makes the difference...

Trey Young
Aug-14-2018, 8:41pm
Just checked my email and saw that I won too! Thanks Scott for making such a great place for us mandolin lovers!

RobP
Aug-14-2018, 11:40pm
Congrats to the winners! It will be fun to try new strings I'm sure!

William Smith
Aug-15-2018, 6:26am
Congrats winners, not me I guess I'll have to buy some to see what the fuss is about as I've never tried monel strings. Are they an old type of string? recipe?

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-15-2018, 10:13am
All 12 winning entries have replied back to us with mailing addresses. My D'Addario contact tells me the items should be shipping Friday.

mandolin74
Aug-17-2018, 4:07pm
All 12 winning entries have replied back to us with mailing addresses. My D'Addario contact tells me the items should be shipping Friday.

Thank you so much Scott! I am one of the lucky winners. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful resource here with the mandolin café. I enjoy this site so much.

**** And thank you to D'addario **** I have used J74 strings for the past 25 years.

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-21-2018, 12:55pm
FYI to winners -

Our D'Addario contact indicated winning items should starting shipping late today or early tomorrow.

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-24-2018, 3:26pm
FYI -

Heard from a couple of winners that they're received their package from D'Addario so hopefully everyone will have received by the end of today.

Paul Statman
Aug-24-2018, 5:55pm
FYI -

Heard from a couple of winners that they're received their package from D'Addario so hopefully everyone will have received by the end of today.

Mine just arrived. I am so fortunate - thanks again, Scott and D'Addario!