PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel sinker Fantasma #3

kyken
Jul-21-2018, 8:27am
Just strung this one up today. It's a nice one.

Steve Sorensen
Jul-21-2018, 2:17pm
Nice harmonious design.

Steve

kyken
Jul-21-2018, 4:41pm
Nice harmonious design.

Steve

Thanks Steve. It's nice to sway from the traditional isn't it? Yours are original too. Very admirable....

Skip Kelley
Jul-21-2018, 6:38pm
Ken, that Fantasma is just too cool! I love the color of the burst!

Bogle
Jul-22-2018, 7:44am
Ken--I agree completely with Mr. Kelley....that is a stunning burst!

KoalaBear
Sep-12-2018, 7:06pm
Ken--I agree completely with Mr. Kelley....that is a stunning burst!

Colourful.

One Fantasma to Oz next year.Ken wants to know the colour.Decisions, decisions.

Images of various Fantasmas:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=images+of+El+Fantasma+Mandolin&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjzy-yr0rbdAhWDF4gKHSy0DrAQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1325&bih=729

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/129112

soliver
Sep-12-2018, 10:11pm
Very nice Ken!

KoalaBear
Sep-17-2018, 1:43am
Very nice Ken!

ka: Spencer
Eastman MD-305
Silverangel Econo A ... waiting for it... ... ..

You are in for a spectacular experience of a lifetime with the Silverangel by a champion luthier. Spencer pls post some fotos once you receive the SA.What colour are you choosing? The sound is phenomenal, the treble pops and the bass is deep....the combination from both registers blends in a river of sound.... flowing smooth... flowing flowing....truly beautiful sound production.

Tani

Dave Hanson
Sep-18-2018, 2:11am
What does ' sinker ' mean ?

Dave H

William Smith
Sep-18-2018, 5:07am
I'd guess its sinker wood, wood that has been submerged in water for a loooong time, well since the big logging boom well over 100 years ago?

c1981
Oct-25-2018, 2:25pm
That sounds like my dream mandolin Tani. I have had my heart set on a Pava Pro and have been planning to go see one at Carters for awhile now. I just looked and they also have a Silver Angel in stock. Your description of the sound of that Silver Angel is what I needed to get me going. Now with two mandolins I really want to play I plan on making that trip to Nasheville sooner than later!

grandcanyonminstrel
Oct-25-2018, 11:40pm
Very nice Ken!

KoalaBear
Oct-28-2018, 3:17pm
That sounds like my dream mandolin Tani. I have had my heart set on a Pava Pro and have been planning to go see one at Carters for awhile now. I just looked and they also have a Silver Angel in stock. Your description of the sound of that Silver Angel is what I needed to get me going. Now with two mandolins I really want to play I plan on making that trip to Nasheville sooner than later!

Yes have high regards for both Pava and Silverangel. The Ellis and Collins are beyond the standard budget.Happy hunting, you won't be disappointed with your choice.Am ordering a second mando `Tan Fantasma` in the coming year from Ken,a busy year for Keno.Luv your work buddy.

Tan