PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel Fantasma with 150 year old sinker wood

kyken
Jun-19-2018, 3:47pm
Just finished this one. Actually it's a 2017 model that my dog knocked off it's stand and busted the top beyond repair. So, I made another top out of some rare redwood sinker. I'ts 150 year old wood under water.
I didn't expect it to be be this good because of the weight of the wood, heavy and dark, but it turned out really good.:mandosmiley:

Randi Gormley
Jun-19-2018, 5:56pm
Very pretty -- kind of mysterious!

Ivan Kelsall
Jun-20-2018, 2:34am
That's very,very lovely Ken. Didn't you post a few pics of that one once before ?. I love the whole thing - the shape,the colour... !
Ivan;)

kyken
Jun-20-2018, 5:13am
That's very,very lovely Ken. Didn't you post a few pics of that one once before ?. I love the whole thing - the shape,the colour... !
Ivan;)

no, I've never posted this one. I've been building quite a few of these. It's my own design and I love building them. This one sure has tone. Power and bottom end. Plays so easy too. I'm stringing another one up today.
Thanks

Tavy
Jun-20-2018, 7:15am
Nice!

Skip Kelley
Jun-20-2018, 8:08am
Ken, is that the top you were telling me about? It sure looks good!

kyken
Jun-20-2018, 12:21pm
Ken, is that the top you were telling me about? It sure looks good!

yea Skip, the sinker top. It's a one piece top too. I sure don't have an unlimited supply of these. I'm surprised at how it sounds. Stringing another one today with the bookmatched mate to this one. I'll let you know how it sounds.

soliver
Jun-20-2018, 12:43pm
Very nice Ken!

Bogle
Jun-22-2018, 12:06pm
Ken, there must be some magic in those sinker tops! Martin's sinker spruce-topped guitars are getting great reviews, and I'm guessing your sinker redwood sounds mighty good as well. I will say that I'm real pleased with my 1850 redwood-topped A!