PDA

View Full Version : Brass Section Joins with Mandolin Orchestra

mlinkins
May-28-2018, 2:52pm
The Munier Mandolin Orchestra recently performed a concert which included the addition of a brass section on several pieces. Below is Florian Jullian's evocative "La Nuit du Val D'Enfer," written in 1907 for four parts - mando 1, mando 2, mandola, and guitar. My adaptation/arrangement (below) includes brass (one French Horn and two trombones), mandocello, and double bass.

Juliian's piece is in the public domain, and I am happy to share my arrangement with anyone who is interested in performing it. Just let me know if you are interested.

Many thanks to the MandoKids from Baltimore (and their leader, Laura Norris) for joining with Munier for this project. Thanks also to other guest artists who joined Munier for this project: Jonathan Rudie, Rosanne Mooney, Tony Norris, Jefferson Bronfeld, and Bob Peterson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYM7qCcaaJ0

Beanzy
May-28-2018, 4:30pm
Great to hear.
Very enjoyable hearing the brass section so well incorporated.
Thanks for sharing.

Bob Clark
May-28-2018, 4:34pm
Beautiful, Mark, just beautiful. Brass and mandolin orchestra really do blend well together. Thanks for posting this. Sorry I couldn't make it there but this video is a nice consolation.

Best wishes,

Bob

lenf12
May-28-2018, 5:00pm
I certainly miss playing with the P.M.O but we never played with a french horn and 2 trombones, Sounds really good.

Len B.
Clearwater, FL