PDA

View Full Version : Don Stiernberg and John Carlini's new album art

JimRichter
Jul-15-2005, 12:11pm
This has been gnawing at me since I saw it on the front page of the Cafe yesterday.

Don Stiernberg and John Carlini's new album By George uses the same stock photo (it has to be a stock photo) as Pine Mountain Railroad's "The Old Radio".

Below is By George.

JimRichter
Jul-15-2005, 12:13pm
And hear is "the Old Radio"

Not knocking Don or Carlini, cause the music is bound to be excellent. Mainly, I did a double take when I saw it on the front page, cause I thought, "That can't be a new release, cause I already own that album!"

Jim

PlayerOf8
Jul-15-2005, 5:05pm
I never listen to the covers, so its no big deal.

George

SternART
Jul-15-2005, 5:15pm
Donnie's has a better sunburst!

Loren Bailey
Jul-15-2005, 7:59pm
That is strange.

Loren

glauber
Jul-15-2005, 8:28pm
Obviously the same stock photo, cropped slightly differently. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif That's too bad, but what's inside is what counts.

JimRichter
Jul-15-2005, 8:28pm
Actually, Don's album does have a better sunburst (as well as typography). If you examine the PMR one up close, you can actually see some pixellation in the photo, like it was digitally enlarged beyond its resolution. Don's album looks like that was the way the photo was intended.

But regardless, it is kinda strange. For a guy who misses the days of vinyl mainly due to the album artwork, can't help but noticing.

Jim