PDA

View Full Version : Shinding on the Green, Asheville NC

Brian Baker
Jul-15-2005, 11:32am
Is anyone else planning on going to the Shindig on the Green jam in Asheville NC tomorrow night?

I'll be wearing a bright red Manchester United soccer jersey (says "Vodaphone" on the front in white) and picking a 2003 Gibson A-9...

I'd love to meet any of you other Cafe folks and talk mando stuff...

Thanks,
Brian
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

LKN2MYIS
Jul-15-2005, 4:46pm
No, but I just got back from a week vacation in Asheville. Loved it so much, going back in September.

GREAT music town.

evanreilly
Jul-17-2005, 9:12am
I was there.... till it started to rain!!!

violmando
Aug-03-2005, 5:10pm
I'm thinking of relocating to the Asheville area from Ohio in a year or so--what's the mando scene like? I LOVE the area, but last visit was pre-mandolin....I'm into classical and celtic stuff.
THANKS! Yvonne

evanreilly
Aug-03-2005, 10:20pm
There are a good many mandolin players around here (AVL). I mostly run into the country & bluegrass flavors, but expect there are classical & celtic flavors as well. There is a very good weekly celtic jam downtown; you should check out the Jack of the Wood celtic jam. No leads on classical. But I am sure there is some of that here.....

evanreilly
Aug-03-2005, 10:29pm
N.B. - There is no Shindig this weekend; next one is Saturday the 13th.

mandoJeremy
Aug-04-2005, 1:19am
I definitely miss getting to go to the Shindig since I now live in Nashville. #I spent many years going every Saturday while I was learning to pick. Oh well, there's a "pretty good" music scene around here also. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

John Ritchhart
Aug-07-2005, 7:30am
I haven't been to Shindig yet and since moving to Mars Hill two years ago I haven't been home long enough to attend. I can't wait to move back permanently and start enjoying the scene as well as the scenery. 1-2 more years to go.