PDA

View Full Version : Stahl mandola

allenhopkins
May-04-2018, 10:49pm
John Bernunzio has just restored a Stahl mandola that he believes is a Larson brothers build. Played it for a few minutes today; it's an impressive sounding instrument, and in decent shape, though with quite a few repaired back and side cracks (none on the top that I could see). Bridge is new, tailpiece cover as well -- I didn't pull it off to see if the tailpiece base was original. Action is fine, sound with new strings quite impressive.

Here's a link; (https://bernunzio.com/product/wm-stahl-mandola-24308/) he wants $2K for it. Will someone please buy it before I succumb to temptation? I just bought a Larson mando-bass (well, traded for it), and I don't need more reasons to spend money. No financial interest on my part, other than a desire to safeguard my bank account from more Larson-y.

rcc56
May-04-2018, 11:27pm
2 to 1 you will succumb.
No "accumulator" needs a reason to buy an instrument other than "it is there."

A real Larson it appears to be.

Tavy
May-05-2018, 1:06pm
Sweet looking 'dola!

Jim Garber
May-05-2018, 10:31pm
Will someone please buy it before I succumb to temptation?

Allen, you doing us all a great service by buying that mandola. Please do provide photos and sound files when you get it. And, thank you so much for your service. :)

rcc56
May-05-2018, 11:24pm
Looks like Allen might have successfully made it through 24 hours. If he's lucky, he's not seeing pink mandolas with purple spots or watching flatpicks crawling up the walls. :disbelief: . . . yet . . .