PDA

View Full Version : Grey Fox Festival

mandoman15
Jul-13-2005, 8:05pm
Hey i'm in the area and was wondering if anyone on the cafe is going to be here. It sounds ppretty amazing, they've got Grisman and Bush and Steffy and Lawson ect. it sounds crazy whats the deal?
thanks in advance

mandopaul
Jul-13-2005, 8:55pm
Hello, I was thinkin about goin', but $150 for a ticket??? Seems a bit steep, and weather is going to be dicy, with hot, humid rainy weather, so I think not...Probably go to Wind Gap, PA. in August.

Jason Kessler
Jul-13-2005, 9:44pm
Are they still doing Ancramdale? Man...

I remember that place when it was Winterhawk, which shows you how long it's been since I went to a Pickin' Party. Are they REALLY asking 150 clams???

mandoman15
Jul-14-2005, 1:15pm
for the weekend its 150 but only 40 for the day. and i really only want to go friday to see the big guns....:)

kyblue
Jul-14-2005, 3:09pm
the lineup today looks pretty awesome to me.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

El Rey del Mando
Jul-14-2005, 6:01pm
The first time I went to this fest,(1976)it was 12.00 a ticket for the weekend.It was called the Berkshire Mountains Bluegrass Festival.Our band played at the first Winterhawk and I went to the second.After that it started to change and I haven't been there since.I hear it is still good but,real packed.People camp on the road for two weeks or more to get a good spot.

John

mando_toss_flycoon
Jul-18-2005, 10:20pm
Well, Grey Fox has now come and gone for the year. WASN'T IT AWESOME? (or even "wicked pissah" as is said in my part of New England).

I thought Friday night's back-to-back concerts by the David Grisman Quintet and the Sam Bush Band were stellar.

Chime in, folks.

meyers
Jul-19-2005, 5:08am
I was there also. I thought friday was killer seing the dawg and marshall play together and bush also joined in was verry cool. Psycograss was amazing and of corse del and wilky. If you get tick in advance they are 120 for 4 day and 5 nights of camping! I think its hard to complain about the price the is music from 11 am till 230 am

hlebowi2
Jul-19-2005, 3:17pm
I got there on Thursday at 6pm and left Sunday morning.
I agree with the posting that in today's entertainment market, getting 15 hours per day of top names (Steffey, Marshall, Lawson, McCoury, Bush, Mountain Heart, Grisman, not to mention the Gibson Bros., The Wilders, Donna the Buffalo, Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys, etc, etc)is not to shabby. And they run a really smooth festival and cap the camping tickets at 4000. I bought mine in April for $120 (early bird).
You won't hear me complaining!!!!
Howard http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif