PDA

View Full Version : Carter Vintage Review

Big Joe
Mar-23-2018, 6:18am
I have been without a mandolin for some time. I was finally able to shop for one in a fairly small price range. I went to see my longtime friends, Walter and Christie. I had a wonderful experience from top to bottom. Everyone there was very helpful. I have to use a wheelchair to get around and the whole staff was a great help. I was pretty sure I wanted a particular mandolin I saw on their website. They quickly found it for me and showed me others similar to what I asked about. They were very patient. Paul, also an old friend, was my salesman. I chose the mandolin I went in to see, and I am very happy with the mandolin and the entire deal. I was able to purchase a Gibson Sam Bush model. It is 14 years old, has some wear marks and has been played a lot. It needed some set up work, which I did myself, and that was it. It sounds and plays just as I have dreamed for the past several years. My chops are not that good after not playing for a good while, but they are coming back.

I will recommend Carter Vintage to all who ask, as I have for the past few years. Both Walter and Christy took a bit of time to see me and catch up on things. I want to thank them for a very wonderful experience from start to finish. They did everything they could to help me make a purchase that was really over my head. I hope they are blessed for many years!

William Smith
Mar-23-2018, 6:29am
Very nice post, I hope I can make it happen and get down there for a visit and to play a bunch of goodies. I've heard from others that all are great hosts even if you don't make a purchase. I would also like to check out Gruhns, I heard both shops are close to each other?
Congrats on the Gibson F-5 purchase, very nice, I've never played a Bush model.

grassrootphilosopher
Mar-23-2018, 7:09am
I have been without a mandolin for some time. ... I hope they are blessed for many years!

You have been a true mandolin and Gibson ambassador as far as I have noticed you participating here on Mandolin Cafe. Good health and all the best to you for the future.

MikeEdgerton
Mar-23-2018, 7:48am
It's good to see you again Joe.

UsuallyPickin
Mar-23-2018, 8:16am
Whether to visit, read window shop, or purchase .... Walter , Christie and staff have always been personable , helpful and informative. It just doesn't get any better IMO for an instrument store.
Enjoy that Gibson Big Joe ..... glad to see your post.

CES
Mar-23-2018, 8:27am
Congratulations, Big Joe! Glad to hear you’re picking again!! Peace,

Loubrava
Mar-23-2018, 8:33am
Isn’t it great getting a mandolin you’ve been eyeing for while congrats on your Sam Bush model ! My favorite Gibson model and Carter’s is a very very cool store great people there and a selection of mandolins that I would think has to be the best in Country possible world ?
Lou

FLATROCK HILL
Mar-23-2018, 8:33am
Glad to hear you got the mandolin you wanted Joe. Thanks for the update and the Carter Vintage review.
I would not have imagined you being without a mandolin for any length of time. Glad things are back to normal!

DataNick
Mar-23-2018, 8:43am
Good on you Big Joe...very cool that you were able to get a Sam Bush F5...thanks for checking in!

fatt-dad
Mar-23-2018, 9:51am
that would be the Gibson f-model for me too! Big fan-boy of Sam Bush! It was he, more than Monroe or Grisman, that got the mandolin on my for-real radar. Not that I ever thought I could play like Sam. I just really loved his musical statement!

Congratulations to Big Joe!

f-d