PDA

View Full Version : Vivaldi with left hand and blad head

carbonpiou
Mar-19-2018, 8:21am
Hello !
The bald French who plays with the left hand on right-handed mandolins and who manufactures himself his instruments has struck again!
Friends of the forum who already know me know that I do not like to take myself seriously.
In wanting to interpret Vivaldi's spring, I knew very well that I risked leaving on this road strewn with difficulties my career of amateur mandolinist. So, to avoid being stoned by unscrupulous musicians, I invite you to watch and listen to this clip in the early morning awakening and in any case before your critical mind wants to throw me in lions' food . :))
With all my friendship to Mandolinists around the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2BZzEoKUj4

Jim Garber
Mar-19-2018, 8:52am
Jean-Luc: Your video is quite entertaining and I will not throw you into lion's food. You are quite the creative person both with music, luthiery and with video editing. I like it also when your identical twin violin-player pops in and out. I like the way your mandolin sounds too. I think this video should be embedded right here for everyone's enjoyment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2BZzEoKUj4

Mark Gunter
Mar-19-2018, 9:01am
Another fun video and well-played tune, Jean-Luc, thanks for sharing!

Bertram Henze
Mar-19-2018, 9:05am
Mandoleen and violeen
Together in a greenscreen scene :cool:

Randi Gormley
Mar-19-2018, 11:18am
it took me a while to get used to your hands (!) but I really enjoyed the sound of the mandolin and the video. And Printemps! one of my favorite Vivaldi pieces! many thanks a day before spring arrives by calendar (and we're watching a snow storm that may or may not approach the wilds of Connecticut on Wednesday).

billhay4
Mar-19-2018, 11:25am
Nice video and playing.
I'd like to see close up pictures of the mandolin. Another of your very creative constructions.
But don't you get bad allergies living among such large plants?
My best,
Bill

carbonpiou
Mar-19-2018, 12:58pm
If you knew how happy and reassured I am that my video is being received with so many compliments from you! Between us, you know, I still spent a lot of time on this thing, but it was always a great happiness!
Thank you, Jim, Mark, Bertram, Randi, Bill, and i hope also for others...
If you want watch, as Bill asks, and if I translated well, the manufacture of this mandolin, there is a video clip on my Youtube channel that details everything ...

Jim Garber
Mar-19-2018, 1:37pm
Here is Jean-Luc's building video. Actually, Jean-Luc, do you know that your mandolin I believe is similar in construction to the Kerman mandolin that many of the prominent Israeli classical players prefer. I know it has an internal soundboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd6bmhZQRxM

billhay4
Mar-19-2018, 1:39pm
Thanks, Jean-Luc,
I had forgotten that video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd6bmhZQRxM&t=4s).
For those who missed the video and the previous discussion of the building of this instrument, let me comment that this is a very interestingly constructed mandolin. And, since it was constructed all with hand tools, the workmanship is quite good. Jean-Luc has innovative ideas on mandolin construction for those who are interested in such things.
The sound of the instrument is quite evident in the video above and quite nice, I think.
Billl

HonketyHank
Mar-19-2018, 4:49pm
Merci, Jean-Luc. I like your humor as well as your lutherie and musical skills. Your video brought me smiles this morning.

carbonpiou
Mar-21-2018, 2:10am
As you are all regulars of this forum and you are, in addition, super nice, I take this opportunity to ask you a tip: how to get the list of French users registered on Mandolin Cafe? If that's possible, of course!
Thank you !

Randi Gormley
Mar-21-2018, 10:27am
I don't know the answer, but you might consider starting a social group if there isn't one already.

carbonpiou
Mar-21-2018, 11:10am
OK Randi, thanks ! As soon as I have a little more free time, I'll do what you tell me. I am on a new project of making a mandolin, so ...

OneChordTrick
Mar-21-2018, 11:20am
Merci bien Jean-Luc. Ça me plaît beaucoup!

carbonpiou
Mar-21-2018, 11:10pm
Thank you very much, OneChordTrick, especially since you wrote your comment in my language! Do you have French origins?
How is the mandolin on the other side of the channel ? What music do you play and like ?