PDA

View Full Version : Eastman Gordon, Clarify Please

JimW
Jul-07-2005, 10:17am
Gordon,
I would like a clarification on finishes available on your 500/600 series mandolins. I called you Tuesday and you told me then an all spirit varnish on the 500/600 mandolins wasn't feasible because of price point and would only be offered on the 800 series mandolins and above.

But, I happened to see you respond here in another thread that an all spirit varnish finish is available on ALL models of your mandolins and at no extra cost. I'll copy that post here:

#
FJ,
All Eastman mandolins are available in spirit varnish at no extra cost. The lacquer models are spirit varnish all the way to the last two coats which are lacquer.

Gordon, I called you two days ago and ask about a spirit varnished only 515. What you told me was completely opposite as compared to what you replied to Frank.

You told me that a spirit varnish 515 & 615 would be cost prohibitive and could not posibly come in at the current price point of your 500 and 600 series mandolins. You also stated spirit varnish would only come on 815's and above. I told you that wasn't what was implied on your website and you stated that needed to be updated.

Now I'm confused. Which is it, I CAN get a 515 with spirit varnish only or can't I? By the way, I talked to you about 11:00 am EDT Tuesday, July 5, 2005, and my name is Jim Watts.

Jim

EastmanGordon
Jul-07-2005, 12:22pm
Oops, you got me.

You are quite right, I should have said on all models except the 500 series. Apologies for quick, unthought out replies.

Gordon

JimW
Jul-07-2005, 12:47pm
Ok, but what about the 600 series, is a spirit varnish only finish available on them at no extra cost?

Jim

EastmanGordon
Jul-07-2005, 1:40pm
Yep!
G.